sierralima

sierralima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:20

Lol...yeah...just driving fast enough not to have to worry about being lapped would be awesome.  I kept measuring how much closer you guys were every time I'd come out of Diamond's Edge.  Kind of felt like being chased by wolves....  :bigsquaregrin: 

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:72
Sally,

That is a great analogy. It has a strong visual image.

Pat

sierralima

sierralima

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car Number:20

Course, wolves ARE cool....  ;-)

Attached Files

• Attached File  wolf.jpg   89.52KB   0 downloads

tferranti

tferranti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Number:51

Congrats to Babot, Corley, and Ross!  

• MPR22 and trimless like this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40

Newbies post your videos if you have them, we like to watch mid pack racing as much as that up front, honestly more interesting things go on.  Who knows some one might chime in with some advice or compliments.

While I'm not exactly a newbie (although on Friday and Sat morning I was driving like it was my first time to MSRH), here's Race 2 starting from mid-pack.  In only 6 laps I managed to go from P14 to P9 to P20 to P16.

https://youtu.be/fa0b6pElalI

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mhiggins10

mhiggins10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Region:SOWDIV

While I'm not exactly a newbie (although on Friday and Sat morning I was driving like it was my first time to MSRH), here's Race 2 starting from mid-pack.  In only 6 laps I managed to go from P14 to P9 to P20 to P16.

https://youtu.be/fa0b6pElalI

The mirror image on your reverse camera throws me- I keep wanting to look at it like a rearview and it's not.   :blink:

How do you like the Black Armor helmet?  My current Simpson is an SA2005, so I'm due for a new one.  I like the price point of the Black Armor, especially compared to the Arai or Stilo, but the old "if you've got a $200 head, buy a $200 helmet" adage keeps coming to mind...

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

The mirror image on your reverse camera throws me- I keep wanting to look at it like a rearview and it's not.   :blink:

How do you like the Black Armor helmet?  My current Simpson is an SA2005, so I'm due for a new one.  I like the price point of the Black Armor, especially compared to the Arai or Stilo, but the old "if you've got a $200 head, buy a $200 helmet" adage keeps coming to mind...

Its not a very good adage. It presupposes that a $200 helmet is somehow inferior as a SAFETY item, from a $1000 helmet (as opposed to other non-safety based features, or simply name recognition). That said, Black Armor aren't $200...more like $500+. A great deal for the quality of the helmet. But, certainly not bargain basement.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40

How do you like the Black Armor helmet?  My current Simpson is an SA2005, so I'm due for a new one.  I like the price point of the Black Armor, especially compared to the Arai or Stilo

Thumbs up on the helmet.  (Disclosure, I didn't try on other helmets.  Black Armor typically hangs out at Texas tracks, made it an easy purchase.  My last helmet was a Bell M4, big difference in weight).

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mhiggins10

mhiggins10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Its not a very good adage. It presupposes that a $200 helmet is somehow inferior as a SAFETY item, from a $1000 helmet (as opposed to other non-safety based features, or simply name recognition). That said, Black Armor aren't $200...more like $500+. A great deal for the quality of the helmet. But, certainly not bargain basement.

I exaggerated a bit.  My current one is a Simpson Bandit that I paid ~$500 for if memory serves, and I'm honestly not sure you could get an SA2015 helmet for under $350 or so.  I know they all pass the tests the same, but there has to be a quality floor, no?  Is it all just name recognition and lighter weight?

Thumbs up on the helmet.  (Disclosure, I didn't try on other helmets.  Black Armor typically hangs out at Texas tracks, made it an easy purchase.  My last helmet was a Bell M4, big difference in weight).

That's what has me leaning towards them as well.  Always good to support the local racers. :D

John Babot

John Babot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

MPR22 here is some video of your rear bump in Sunday’s final.  Unfortunately my camera didn’t record the entire race.    Early on I heard a loud pop in the car and thought one of my cam bolts let loose, turned out the mount for my front sway bar broke off.   Car became loose and didn’t transition well afterwards.  Trying to keep it under me out of the carousel I hit the bump just after apex, took awhile to settle the car down.  Not soon enough as I “touched” the wall with my left rear.  As I came up to Sugar and Spice I was pleased to see the car could still turn right but the resultant vibration from the bent parts was enough to cause concern for a possible wheel deployment. Turning left out of the bus stop was as if I had 4-wheel steer. Couldn’t keep the back end settled at speed so I just had to settle for giving away left turns and trying to make it up elsewhere.  Despite all the issues and the way it finished enjoyed racing with you.

• Lee Thomas likes this
"Armas para que?"

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Thanks for the ride. 

#11 would be?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
11 is gale Corely
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Car Number:72
#11 is Gale Corley in a NA1.6, Michael Ross in a. VVT and John Babot in a NB1.8. I don't know how you could get much closer racing.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

[font=Helvetica] Trying to keep it under me out of the carousel I hit the bump just after apex, took awhile to settle the car down.  Not soon enough as I “touched” the wall with my left rear.

I know that bump. Saw you brush the wall about the same place I did, and the white puff of dust or whatever come up---you didn't try and penetrate the K-wall quite as far as I did.

We were watching from the S/F tower.  What a great race it was to watch. Nice being able to see the entire track. It gave a really good perspective on the different strengths of the 4 cars (NA6, NA8, 99, VVT).  For most of the race it looked like the only way that the VVT/99 could keep up with the NA6 down the long backstretch to Diamonds was to bump-draft.  Either of the NBs alone up front looked like a sitting duck.  Late in the race, that advantage seemed to go away.  Dunno if that was really true, or the reason for it (tires going away, exit speed out of the bus-stop, heat soak, etc)....but, that was the way it looked from the observation deck. 

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mhiggins10

mhiggins10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

MPR22 here is some video of your rear bump in Sunday’s final.  Unfortunately my camera didn’t record the entire race.    Early on I heard a loud pop in the car and thought one of my cam bolts let loose, turned out the mount for my front sway bar broke off.   Car became loose and didn’t transition well afterwards.  Trying to keep it under me out of the carousel I hit the bump just after apex, took awhile to settle the car down.  Not soon enough as I “touched” the wall with my left rear.  As I came up to Sugar and Spice I was pleased to see the car could still turn right but the resultant vibration from the bent parts was enough to cause concern for a possible wheel deployment. Turning left out of the bus stop was as if I had 4-wheel steer. Couldn’t keep the back end settled at speed so I just had to settle for giving away left turns and trying to make it up elsewhere.  Despite all the issues and the way it finished enjoyed racing with you.

Thanks for posting- I took away a few new things to try next time out that will definitely make me faster.

Question for you all- coming out of the carousel and into the right-hander (T1), you are all WAY over the little curbing there.  Where is the track boundary on that edge?  Not looking to throw stones- I know we pay for the entire track and might as well use it all.  I typically put the clip the right edge of that curb with my left tire gong through- I just had never considering straddling the curb there.

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
2 over is good 4 over is a cut and could result in a penalty
  • mhiggins10 likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-Factor Racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users