Photo

Spec Miata HP ratings and Torque between different years

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Idk ... but it did what 1.6 and 1.8NA things do when it gets hot and slowed down after a few laps

I didn't talk with Jason, will need to, hope the 1.6 didn't have heat soak issues. Will look at his time card and segments.

Of course, I didn't talk with you either. Both times I showed up at your camp, your guys said you were off getting a bite to eat. Hmmm, does that mean having a beer?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

I didn't talk with Jason, will need to, hope the 1.6 didn't have heat soak issues. Will look at his time card and segments.

Of course, I didn't talk with you either. Both times I showed up at your camp, your guys said you were off getting a bite to eat. Hmmm, does that mean having a beer?

How else would you help the food go down? Beer is 97% water just like the human body, so it only makes sense! I think the latest time out of all the days that I started drinking was around 1:00 PM. :) And that my friends is how you do the runoffs!  But yes, I did miss you twice and was unfortunate.

Also, as for Jason, SCCA put one of those fancy black boxes on his car for the race, but it was colder that day so we will see.  But when I was a around him on Monday/Tuesday Qual when it was HOT, his car was wicked fast for a few laps and then it looked like it fell off. Same thing for Marc Cefalo in the 1.8NA ... wicked fast for a few laps ... and then in the shitter after it got too hot. 

Not to go too deep into the parity topic ... but I think when it is cool out .. the cars are right there and as close as they have ever been imo. But when it is very hot outside ... they only have that parity for a few laps.

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

does a correction factor exist for different makes of dynos (dynojet, MD....)?

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

does a correction factor exist for different makes of dynos (dynojet, MD....)?

nice job in LCQ race.. Will Keeling on the pole at Indy.. Had to be pretty neat!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

nice job in LCQ race.. Will Keeling on the pole at Indy.. Had to be pretty neat!

Yes, it made being in the loser race much more tolerable – just wish I had lead more than one lap L

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Number:92

You're still MY hero Willie

• William Keeling and Cnj like this

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Willie you had more spectators in the qual race than we did in the feature event. The entire top 60 and 3/4 of the paddock regardless of class was watching
  • Jim Drago and Richard Astacio like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users