Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 5,690 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

http://mazdamotorspo...tm_medium=email

Learn how iRacing served as a useful tool in the development of the new Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car. Like the previous model, this car will be available FREE to all members, starting today! Click on the picture below to play the video:

• Danica Davison likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Go to hand it to the management team at Mazda - their commitment to Racing is second to none.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc | 

2016 June Sprints WInner, ARRC Winner, NASA Eastern States Championships Podium

2015 Eastern Conference Majors Champ, June Sprints Winner, ARRC Winner

2014 NASA Eastern States Championship Runner Up.

2013 SEDiv Driver of the Year, Eastern Conference Majors Champ, SEDiv National Champ, ARRC Winner, Runoffs Podium

2011 SEDiv Driver of the Year, SEDiv National Champ, ARRC Winner, Palm Tree Quad National Champ, SEDiv ECR Champ
2010 June Sprints Winner, ARRC Winner

2009 SARRC Champ, SEDiv ECR Champ, FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Chris Ashcraft

Chris Ashcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Region:NEO
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:76

Just got my wheel and upgraded video card, just waiting on my monitors to arrive, cant wait!

Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Number:05

Got a bit of time to play with the new car last night at VIR. Compared to the old MX5, this thing is a rocket ship with some fantastic brakes. With minimal setup adjustments I was able to start turning 2:13.xxx laps at VIR. If the real car is this much of an improvement, there are going to be a lot of smiles around the MX-5 Cup paddock.

It also seems like the old MX-5 got some updates on Iracing and is much quicker than it was. 

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

The brakes are the biggest difference i notice between the NC and ND.  The stock setup is poor, starting out at ~46% cross weight, needs some tweaking.  But Justin Hille helped out with a setup last night while practicing at Mid Ohio, which for a good while...most of us were spinning out every other lap as the car was very tail happy.  I believe he was running low 1:35's, maybe high 1:34's.  I would say, when you get the setup correct and get used to the car...it handles more like a spec miata than the NC MX5.  Oh, and the car is free so you dont have to pay for it :)

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

John Wilding

John Wilding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:CFR / Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:126

This sounds like fun...I may have to make my membership active again. Are you guys racing on a consistent basis?

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

John, i just renewed my account last week as i didn't have a computer for over a year, besides my work computer. So i am just getting back into it but I will get on pretty regularly going forward.  Selin Rollan and I were racing last night as well.    

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Car Year:1990
This car is WAY more fun to drive than the old car. But watch out for the curbs!!! Great job to Mazda and iRacing!

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Car Year:2001

I worked on set ups last night.......Hmmmmm, I need the guru's help!!!!! Hille!!!!!! Help! LOL

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

First thing we adjusted was the cross weight, and removing the rear sway bar helped as well.  Tires are better in the 25-26 psi range

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Car Year:2001

Thanks John!

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris Ashcraft

Chris Ashcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Just got my setup done Quad core 2.5Ghz 4 gigs of RAM upgrading to 12 with a asus GTX 750TI running the G27 wheel one one big monitor now but have 3 20" monitors coming. Getting used to the feel today in practice definetly will take a bit to get used to before i go near anyone else, would love to watch though if anyone is going into a group event

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
I thought I had the hot ticket setup, until I ran lime rock...ugh. I'll share what I have if we meet up again

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris Ashcraft

Chris Ashcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

i just spent an hour at MID-O and can not keep the back end from coming around...what was your set up there Hille?

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Yeah Justin, when i ran lime rock with that setup it was a real challenge...also with the glen, the car didn't like the curbs on the bus stop at all.  If i remember tonight, i will screenshot the setup and post it here to show what i have.  It seems as though you almost need a different setup for every track where as the previous MX5 seemed more of a plug and play car that worked everywhere....but its been a while

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Bi11

Bi11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Region:Florida

First thing we adjusted was the cross weight, and removing the rear sway bar helped as well.  Tires are better in the 25-26 psi range

John  give me a call

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users