Chris Ashcraft

Chris Ashcraft

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Region:NEO
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:76

I agree with Frank, i think we should get everyone to park together that would be super fun. Being a local to the area (2 miles from track) if anyone that has not been there before has question about restaurants, hotels or anything let me know.. Also my shop is 25 min from track with lift and tools if anyone gets in a bind.

Chris

• M.Tanz likes this

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38

since in going to be packed and payment it going to be a premium my plan is to seek high ground in the grass. as far south in the upper grass area, 

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Update

If you did not sign up for either the Thursday June 2 all day or June 2 twilight sessions they are full and a waiting list.

because of that they have opened up a full day of testing on Wednesday June 1, I think she told me the cost for all day was 400.00

There is no on line registration you have to call Mid Ohio School, (419)884-4000

Regarding the Paddock: they have a paddock map with instructions on how to park, they will be enforcing it so if you F it up they will make you move.

If its dry i think i am heading to the grass with Ralph.

Grid Order

They are going to Grid practice in the order of your registration and then i understand Grid the qualifier by your Time. i will confirm that.

I will post any additional updates.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Number:56

Do you know if they will have limits on who can park early Thursday morning? I wanted to get down there early in the morning to get a good spot for  my stuff and the AS cars stuff, hopefully I dont need to be registered to test to get in

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Just confirmed with Mid Ohio, no load in until 1 pm if you aren't registered for test day

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Update #2 Went to the final race meeting tonight.

Some of this is not as important but if you have not participated in planning one of these events there are a lot of details.

It should be no surprise but this event is a dry run for the Runoffs so much of what you see will be what you will see at the Runoffs.

Confirmed Grid for practice will be based upon you sign up. (that is good for me lol but i did not participate in that decision) just saying. In your Registration packet you will be giving a Grid Sheet and your Grid position, for practice. You will be expected to know your grid spot all weekend. Unlike what we are used to where you just drive to grid and wait to be pointed your spot, the grid will be tight, you need to be aware of where your going. (will be same for runoffs)

Paddock parking is first come first serve, The paddock map is being redrawn to make it more clear, there will be paddock Marshals on hand for each paddock their concern will be ensuring access.  

The supps say Express tech, if your log book notes that your gear was checked you do not need your helmet. I was told the rules require that the helmet be checked for a valid sticker, but our sups were not written that way.

We will be running the pro course and we will be starting on the back straight., I like this.

Now on to some important stuff, I lobbied for 10 extra Port-0-Pots,

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45
So are they going to run everybody that registered and you have to qualify in the top 60 cars to race ?

If this is how it's going what are they going to do for the guys that don't make it (a partial refund) ?

Also AJ you better save me a spot because I won't be there until Thursday afternoon. You know who needs practice when you have a top prepped NA like myself ! :)

You know what never mind because if Ralph is there I can just park my whole setup inside his trailer and still have room ! Lol
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
I charge rent Kuch
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
The open wheel guys are going to have to be on pavement. There is no way they could make it to grid if they are parked on the grass. Heck it is a chalange for me to make it on all the paved areas in my p1 car with how bad the pavement has become. I am sure the GT cars would have a issue as well.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

So are they going to run everybody that registered and you have to qualify in the top 60 cars to race ?

If this is how it's going what are they going to do for the guys that don't make it (a partial refund) ?

Also AJ you better save me a spot because I won't be there until Thursday afternoon. You know who needs practice when you have a top prepped NA like myself ! :)

You know what never mind because if Ralph is there I can just park my whole setup inside his trailer and still have room ! Lol

I think the hard number is 65, so if your within the 65 your in. if your outside 65 your on the wait list. if you never get to 65 and paid, full refund.

BTW there will be two cameras and streaming the races live.

• B(Kuch)Kucera45 likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Frank, 69 on event list, per say 65 qualify, has anyone sent this info to numbers 66 through 69 so they can make a decision if they want to chance coming and not allowed to qualify? Some don't read this site. If I were one of the 66 through 69, I'd stay home rather than tow as I recall 10 hours each way.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
With two test days I am sure the number will be reduced from 69 to 65
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

So what you are saying is I have a chance ! :)
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

You do remember what your not going to do in the future, correct!!!

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Last time i saved you a spot, you left early.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

The open wheel guys are going to have to be on pavement. There is no way they could make it to grid if they are parked on the grass. Heck it is a chalange for me to make it on all the paved areas in my p1 car with how bad the pavement has become. I am sure the GT cars would have a issue as well.

makes you wonder why we are having the Runoffs at Mid Ohio all over again doesn't it :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Last time i saved you a spot, you left early.

Not this time !
Kuch

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
Jim,Justin,and Frank Just an FYI I will be loading my glove box with water balloons and if any of you try and lap me I will start throwing them out my window at you ! :)
Kuch

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Jim,Justin,and Frank Just an FYI I will be loading my glove box with water balloons and if any of you try and lap me I will start throwing them out my window at you ! :)

Yes but at least you will be doing it from a top prep 1.6😭

K. Webb