Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Just stunned that an event like this warrants a "Majors" title. Not even 100 cars entered across all the classes, most classes under 10 cars. 

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

2016 SCCA Majors race, Motorsports Ranch Houston 4/30-5/1-2016 70 entries.

2015 SCCA Majors races:

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway 3/21-3/22 82 entries

Pacific Raceway  5/23-5/25 65 entries

Kansas Speedway 6/20-6/21 94 entries

High Plains Raceway 7/4-7/5 72 entries

Portland International Raceway 7/3-7/5 101 entries

Pueblo Motorsports Park 7/25-7/26 75 entries

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Sun. Race:

Jim Drago                     1:12.154  00              
28 Tom Scheifler          1:12.144  90 
27 Max Nufer                1:12.542  99  
77 Jesse Prather          1:12.383  92 
82 Steve Scheifler        1:12.335  90 
7 Justin Lautz               1:13.780  90 
184 Dan Harding          1:16.756  99 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Well seems the 1.6 still needs the turbo, a guy that has raced very little of the last few years, can't seem to beat the 2 time national champ in his full out no excuses car???? Smac you guys really need to get the 1.6 some real help!!!!

Great job by Jim as well as the stifflers and co grats on the podium to max, and great article in the scca magazine!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Well seems the 1.6 still needs the turbo, a guy that has raced very little of the last few years, can't seem to beat the 2 time national champ in his full out no excuses car???? Smac you guys really need to get the 1.6 some real help!!!!

Great job by Jim as well as the stifflers and co grats on the podium to max, and great article in the scca magazine!

Response to follow, but I wanted to be sure and capture this as-is.

Steve Stiffler
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
First, congrats to Jim for another win and to Max for another podium. That was great fun. My first champagne finish :). I'll try to post the race video in the next few days for anyone that's curious anout the 1.6.

Second, thanks to Steve for doing ALL the car work to make it possible.

Third, Kyle, why are you being a dick?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Team Scheifler, great job, two good drivers, with one being an excellent wrench twister!!!

Jesse, good job, does the girl need a bit of a massage.

Jim and Max, congrats to both on a great weekend.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

First, congrats to Jim for another win and to Max for another podium. That was great fun. My first champagne finish :). I'll try to post the race video in the next few days for anyone that's curious anout the 1.6.
Second, thanks to Steve for doing ALL the car work to make it possible.
Third, Kyle, why are you being a dick?

Not being dick... Sorry but after alot of years off from racing I personally don't think you guys should be able to finish on dragos bumper... It's not personal you might be great drivers... That will be shown over the next little while at the next few majors. You can prove me wrong, my thinking is that the smac may have gone to far on the 1.6, and just find it funny that you and your brother are now the measuring stick after several years if not racing, when buras who races alot was not a good measuring stick to begin with... Just my opinions!

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
And either way no matter if I'm right or wrong still congrats on the podium... And getting the champagne splash.

K. Webb

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Not being dick... Sorry but after alot of years off from racing I personally don't think you guys should be able to finish on dragos bumper... It's not personal you might be great drivers... That will be shown over the next little while at the next few majors. You can prove me wrong, my thinking is that the smac may have gone to far on the 1.6, and just find it funny that you and your brother are now the measuring stick after several years if not racing, when buras who races alot was not a good measuring stick to begin with... Just my opinions!

No, you are definitely being a dick. Bad enough you spout off a bunch of sarcastic BS without knowing the first thing about what went on here this weekend, or about us apparently, or seeing any video. I could write a book about what you don't seem to know on the subject. Still, I could have let all that pass or just laid out a few actual facts, but then you threw in the "stiffler" thing. Maybe there's a joke in that we haven't caught wind of because I have no idea WTF that's even supposed to mean, but it was definitely dickish.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Apparently you haven't seen the movie!!! Yes joke but apparently your sensitive... IMO gateway is one of Jim's best 2-3 tracks and yes is great everywhere... So if you want to feel I'm being a dick your certainly entitled to your opinion... And again congrats to your bro on the champagne. The first majors champagne I ever got in SM is a memory I will have forever! Hard fought p3 for me...

K. Webb

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Had to look it up, idiot humor is not my thing. So if you mean Steve Stifler you spelled his name wrong too, and any comparison to that moron is doubly insulting.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
I spell wrong most the time what's new, but his mom was hot...

As was the exchange student...

K. Webb

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Yeah. I missed the movie reference too so it just seemed like a rude thing to say. Hence the question.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Yeah. I missed the movie reference too so it just seemed like a rude thing to say. Hence the question.

I guess I figured you guys had heard that before... Guess not they do have cable in mo. Don't they??? I grew up there but haven't been back inyears... Like I said my comment was not anything personal it was just my opinions about the 1.6 sorry if I hurt your feelings. Either way my congrats on the podium is genuine so enjoy that chamoagne, I could not bring myself to open my first bottle on the top step sitting in my fridge for the day to come to crack it open .

K. Webb