Greg Kimble

Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:9

Those of you using the Longacre leak down guage, how do you get a good seal at the spark plug hole, I cant seem to get the hose tight enough to get the o ring to seal properly.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

I use something like this to get a good seal: 

https://www.amazon.c...eak down tester

Putting some grease around the o-ring helps also.

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Greg does yours have the little rubber washer on the end of it. I have no problem getting mine to seal. You can also coat the threads with Anti seize, since you should have that on the plugs anyway. 

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Those of you using the Longacre leak down guage, how do you get a good seal at the spark plug hole, I cant seem to get the hose tight enough to get the o ring to seal properly.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Greg: assuming you have the sealing washer on the end and it's in good condition, you should be able to thread the hose by hand into the spark plug hole very freely and it'll stop abruptly after a few turns when it's seated.  A snug twist of the hose by hand should result in a good seat without any leakage.  If it's not happening like that then there must be something not right with the threads/rubber washer/surface where it seats.  Or the hose itself is leaking somewhere maybe near the fitting. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Greg Kimble

Greg Kimble

Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:9

The o ring is on the hose and in good condition, I have not put anti-seize on the threads, I will give that a try and see how it goes, maybe I am over tightening it?

Greg

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I use something like this to get a good seal: 

https://www.amazon.c...eak down tester

Putting some grease around the o-ring helps also.

Mark

Had similar issues as Greg with a brand new LongAcre. Bought the same item as Mark and issue solved. I now lone out the test extension to others with the same issue.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users