Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

medium.jpg?1481755503

TOPEKA, Kan. (December 14, 2016) – The Sports Car Club of America Board of Directors named Lee Hill, of Brandon, Florida, as the leadership’s Chairman during its December meeting. Hill replaces outgoing Chairman John Walsh, who had reached his six-year term limit on the Board of Directors.

Hill is completing his second year on the Board as the Area 3 Director.  An SCCA member since 1993, he has been a regular competitor in Spec Racer, Spec Racer Ford and Spec Racer Ford Gen3 for more than two decades.  He was a Central Florida Region Assistant RE for five years, the Region’s webmaster for nearly 10 years, and is a frequent F&C volunteer.  Outside of SCCA activities, Hill operated an information publishing business, Hill-Donnelly Directories, which was sold in 2002 to a publicly traded information company, but Hill stayed on and acted as the division’s president for another three years.  He has also conducted various consulting activities, primarily in information and business process management/improvement.

“I’m honored and gratified to have been selected by the Board of Directors as Chairman for 2017,” Hill said.  “I look forward to addressing the SCCA’s needs in the coming year, beginning with the opportunity bring a new, highly-qualified President to the Club.”

The BoD also set its slate of officers for the 2017 calendar year. Dan Helman (Vice Chairman), KJ Christopher (Treasurer), and Tere Pulliam (Secretary) remain in their 2016 roles for the coming year. Bruce Lindstrand will serve as the first alternate.

Additionally, the 13-member board appointed duties for committees and liaisons to oversee the Club during the 2017 calendar year. Those assigned to fill Board committees are as follows:
- Budget & Finance: Christopher (Chairman), Marcus Merideth, Helman, Lindstrand, Jim Weidenbaum, Charlie Davis
- Compensation, Audit and Investment: Helman (Chairman), Chris Albin, Pulliam, Weidenbaum and Bob Dowie
- Planning: Arnie Coleman (Chairman), Helman, Jack Burrows, Dowie, Weidenbaum, Earl Hurlbut and Albin

Board liaisons to various committees and subsidiaries are as follows:
- Solo Events Board: Dowie, Hurlbut
- Club Racing Board: Lindstrand, Merideth, Davis
- Time Trial Advisory Committee: Pulliam, Weidenbaum
- Executive Stewards: Pulliam, Coleman
- Court of Appeals: Coleman, Dowie
- RE & Operations: Dowie, Burrows
- Road Rally Board: Hurlbut, Dowie
- RallyCross Board: Albin, Coleman
- SCCA Foundation: Weidenbaum, Lindstrand, Burrows
- Ventures: Helman (Chairman), Lindstrand
- IT/Website: Christopher, Weidenbaum, Coleman
- Governance Committee: Pulliam (Chairman), Coleman, Burrows, Helman, Davis
-Strategic Planning Committee: Coleman, Weidenbaum, Merideth, Burrows, Albin

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

You can take it to the bank that Lee Hill is going to do a great job as Chairman of the BOD. He is a long time Spec Racer driver, works corners when he is not racing and is the webmaster for the Central Florida Region. He personally reviewed the budget submitted by the National office and found that they were charging too much for several items that directly effect entry fees. As a result, the charge to the regions per driver was reduced enabling Regions to charge lower entry fees for all. He's very approachable and will work hard for all of us.

Lee and I have worked together for several years now on the budgets for SEDiv and he continues to amaze me how good he is with budgets. Lee and I also worked on an alternate plan for the original Majors proposal. Much of what we proposed has now been adopted. In addition, we put together the SEDiv alternate plan for qualifying for the Runoffs and much of our plan has now been adopted including the two Majors and two regional races to qualify.

And Lee is only in his third year as a Director which means that if he chooses to run for a second term, he will be on the board for four more years. 

• Erik Hardy and sentercut like this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Congrats to Lee Hill!  Very nice guy, and good spec racer driver, who I believe has the best interests of the club in mind.  I would like to see what he can do and wish him all the best.  I am not sure who the prior BOD chairman was, but I think it benefits us to have a guy who also races competitively both at a regional and national level.  Not an "out of touch" old guy ... just an old guy ;)

• Armando Ramirez likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

John Nesbitt

John Nesbitt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Congrats to Lee Hill!  Very nice guy, and good spec racer driver, who I believe has the best interests of the club in mind.  I would like to see what he can do and wish him all the best.  I am not sure who the prior BOD chairman was, but I think it benefits us to have a guy who also races competitively both at a regional and national level.  Not an "out of touch" old guy ... just an old guy ;)

As of last week (how time flies!) the BOD Chairman was John Walsh, longtime SRF, Miata-in-various guises, and many other cars driver.  Not (terribly) old, and definitely not out of touch.

• Mike Collins, Danny Steyn, Peter Olivola and 1 other like this

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

John Walsh, in my opinion is a classy guy, totally there to ensure that the club's members best interests are being served. I learned a lot from John. I think the Lee will be a worth successor to John and look forward to interacting with him as well.

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users