65 replies to this topic

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Did anyone else notice that qualifying sheet had just last names except for the 1st place position and it says "Jim"?

https://www.scca.com...grp-1-sm-qual-1

You da man.

• Jim Drago and lillyweld like this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
The fix is in. It must be rigged. Tear him down. That car can't be legal.

Since I'm not there, I'm saying all the bs that is being said in the paddock.

Nice lap Jim.
  • Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Jim C., Jim who? AC today, for now.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

He's famous like "Madonna" and "Prince" now!

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

He's famous like "Madonna" and "Prince" now!

He, AC is regaining his form from days gone by. WAIT tell he comes here and starts leaving messages. You won't know if it's AC or Caveman. :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10
Charbs is in the "cheated up" car that alex drove that got torn down at tech and passed ;)

Jim is cheating though. :)
  • Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Live video/audio

https://www.scca.com...sessions/latest

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Video of the last 2 laps should be fun!(race 1)

Ron

RAmotorsports

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
assuming both last two laps count. haha. Don't want to repeat "the lap that never happened" again
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
What a race.. the short version is I got out to a little lead early.. Chris did a better job keeping his car under him. We ended up trading the lead at least 5 times on last two laps, both of driving cars with very little to no tires left at all. What a blast! Congratulations to Chris for one of the most fun races I have ever had. Congrats to Andrew Charbs for well deserved podium. Top five rounded out with Danny and Craig with Blake knocking on the door. Four different car and engine builders in top four. Pretty neat. Today tech was checking flywheel and restrictor plate.. something tells me tomorrow may not be quite as easy

Love this track.. love this class
We have a fun filled paddock area this weekend. Our tent is Drago, berry, Rutherford, jim Daniels back racing in T4, with Rich Astacio as well. Justin Hille doing a little coaching out of our tent. We are tight next to Chris and xfactor.. and Dave and the advsnced crew.. Morrison Fowler and the OPM ladies didn't want to slum with us and they are in the garages All pitching in with parts, tools, scales supplies help and advice.. pretty neat to see! Dare I say man drama level is as close to zero as I have ever seen
  • Danica Davison, Richard Astacio and lillyweld like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Checking(flywheel) just for magnetic through starter hole?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
Looked like Chris and jim put on a clinic this second race (18 second gap to P3)!! Good job boys!
  • Preston Pardus and lillyweld like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

After they checked out 3rd through 8th kept pretty busy. Chris stretched it a bit last two laps. Great racing!!!

• lillyweld likes this

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
CONGRATS to Chris and Jim! An amazing performance from both all weekend! I knew this morning this was a race for third. What a battle.... I know I had no tire left (should have chose stickers!), but I think we were all in the same boat. I had a good run through the esse complex and Andrew had a bobble coming out of 9 on the last lap. I am still not used to Alex in the grey car he drove today, I got on my radio after the race and said, "that guy in the grey car is a really good driver!" Robert responded it was Alex, and then there was no surprise. So much fun running with Andrew, Alex, Danny, and Blake this weekend.

I want to thank my team, Jim, York, Robert, Kyle, and Gerry for all the hard work! Thanks to my COTA sponsors KLZ Stone, and Granquartz. Thanks to all my family and friends for showing up to support.

SM is a great class!
  • Jim Drago, Michael Novak and Danica Davison like this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Another fun filled day at Cota. Chris drove a flawless race and earned a well deserved win. One of the best drives I have been witness to in a really long time. I can say I have never left a pack of such talented drivers by 15 seconds and not won! Which should be witness to just how good Chris' drive was. Unfortunately my front camera did not fire off. The class is at the best I have ever seen it and I have been around for quite awhile. No bitching, whining or man drama at all this weekend... well maybe a little after practice one and I had such a gap, that was just testing and was closed up. 😂
Leaving here with a first and second and the track record is pretty awesome, especially after winning here the last time by SCCA gift with the lap that didn't count. Nice to actuallly win one heads up. Having Chris and Craig on the podium today was pretty cool as well.

Lots of solid improvement by Spencer Rutherford, he was running just at top ten all weekend in a very deep field on his first attempt at a very technical and challenging track.. see you all soon, safe travels.
  • FTodaro, Armando Ramirez, 38bfast and 1 other like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Congrats to Jim and Chris for the wins, they were the class of the field. 

And a HUGE thanks to Chris for showing that you don't have to drive a VVT to win. Chris's 99 does not have the torque, but it certainly does have the top end, and when you wheel a '99 correctly, as Chis did this weekend, it proves that the 99 is a real weapon! John Babot was also in the mix all weekend with his '99

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Congrats to Jim and Chris for the wins, they were the class of the field. 

And a HUGE thanks to Chris for showing that you don't have to drive a VVT to win. Chris's 99 does not have the torque, but it certainly does have the top end, and when you wheel a '99 correctly, as Chis did this weekend, it proves that the 99 is a real weapon! John Babot was also in the mix all weekend with his '99

Thanks Danny.. Craig was also in his 99.

I would have driven Chris 99 or Craigs and felt pretty confident in the outcome.  It seems like there always has to be something, if the latest talk on the street is you need a VVT to win, it is just the latest bit of nonsense to hit our class :)

• Danica Davison likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Jim, that is because it is never the driver and always the car :)

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48

Thanks Danny.. Craig was also in his 99.

I would have driven Chris 99 or Craigs and felt pretty confifdent in the outcome.  It seems like there always has to be something, if the latest talk on the street is you need a VVT to win, it is just the latest bit of nonsense to hit our class :)

Not sure why that is the latest talk, 2 99's battled for the win at Runoffs, 4 99's battled for the win at NOLA, Jim was up there with his '99 at Homestead, Carter and Selin winning Atlanta, Carter tracking down Bolanos at Sebring, doesn't make sense. 

Congrats to Jim and Chris on the wins.  You guys were visibly faster in certain sections than everyone else, really cool to watch.  

Shoutout to Rich (sevenkillers) who showed constant improvement and put up with our shit on 6th street Saturday night :)

Also Spencer Rutherford showed improvement and was happy with his result despite a spin on Sunday

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison and Richard Astacio like this

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mhiggins10

mhiggins10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Region:SOWDIV

Can't wait to see the videos for both days- sounds like it was some great racing!  

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users