• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

A whopping 8 SM entered for the Thunder Hill Major this coming weekend. So disappointed. Last year, same time, same place, there were well over 50 cars were entered. Mostly SMT (SM Toyo), SSM (Sealed Spec Miata), and a few SM's on Hoosier (less than 10?). It was a great time and we were looking forward to the same this year. I think less than 140 entries so pretty low turnout overall so maybe it is not an SM only problem. 

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Actually Mark...you are thinking of a regional. The Major in our region has never been well attended. 2014 there were maybe 40 cars because of Laguna...since then it averages about 10! The first regional a few weeks back had 38 I believe and the May event should be about the same.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RacerJason99

RacerJason99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:Cal Club
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

$585 for a Majors at an insignificant track is the reason our two cars are staying home. I would rather spend the money to run a Regional at MRLS or Sonoma.

2014 was so packed we were paddocked outside of the track on the entry road.

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

Ron,

You are correct, it was a regional. The majority of field was on Toyo (SMT), a good group of SSM's, and about 8 of us on Hoosiers. Taking tires into account I guess 8-10 entries for a Major where SM7's are required is to be expected. To Jason's point, the entry fees are painful now. Combine the entry fees with the 10hr tow and it is a easy call to stay home and keep the powder dry. 

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RacerJason99

RacerJason99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:Cal Club
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Ron,

You are correct, it was a regional. The majority of field was on Toyo (SMT), a good group of SSM's, and about 8 of us on Hoosiers. Taking tires into account I guess 8-10 entries for a Major where SM7's are required is to be expected. To Jason's point, the entry fees are painful now. Combine the entry fees with the 10hr tow and it is a easy call to stay home and keep the powder dry. 

Mark

Don't get me wrong, happy to pay a premium for desirable locations, but TH is not on my list of those places.

• Mark likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users