BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Region:DET
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:67

Does anyone know if the fabled "Manual Transmission Workshop Manual, M15M-D ..... 1606-10-97K" is available from anywhere?  Or along the same lines the "Engine Workshop Manual BP .... 3314-10-97K"?

Internet and eBay searches turned up nothing.  I did order the "Enthusiast" manual based on old threads I found but I would love to have certain factory specs.  I just recently realized the lack of internals in the main manual.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

This one ?

http://www.mellens.n...ission_5spd.pdf

Have you called/looked at Mazdaspeed?

Not sure these are stock or competition parts

http://www.mazdamoto...ransmission.pdf

http://www.mazdamoto...g/97CatComp.pdf

some more

http://www.tomhampto...shop_Manual.pdf

Is it still required in SCCA to have a FSM ??

J~

• lillyweld likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
None of the above are what I'm looking for. Mazda tried to help but I didn't get what I am looking for and don't want to harass them. Yes there is an FSM rule in the GCR. I have the main manual and just realized there are no internal in it. So if a scrutineer was looking for transmission specs...

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

None of the above are what I'm looking for. Mazda tried to help but I didn't get what I am looking for and don't want to harass them. Yes there is an FSM rule in the GCR. I have the main manual and just realized there are no internal in it. So if a scrutineer was looking for transmission specs...

I have the transmission workshop manual, its a thin orange covered book maybe 30 pages or so. There is not much in the way of specs in terms of what a scrutineer would be looking for as far as i can recall. Just more detailed instructions about assemble, disassembly and specs as it related to tq and  wear items.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

That sounds like what I'm looking for.  Where did you get it?  If you could bring it to Midohio for me to flip through that would be great.  I've got a spare trans and a splined spacer sitting on the shelf.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

That sounds like what I'm looking for.  Where did you get it?  If you could bring it to Midohio for me to flip through that would be great.  I've got a spare trans and a splined spacer sitting on the shelf.

Ordered it from Mazda, which Mid o event are you going to? Nasa or SCCA major? I will bring it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
SCCA. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users