Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Pre Registration will close on Wednesday April 26, 2017 please bring all further entries to the track!

07  Auger, Tim   1994  Augersmiles.com, Baja Cantina, Invisalign Monterey, CA
7  Busk, Dean   2000  Commercial Brokers, Inc/True North Group Chandler, AZ
11  Diaz, Jorge   1990  Self Tucson, AZ
55  Edmison, Robert   1999  Tix, RM Autosports Palos Verdes Estates, CA
8  Gallaher, Marco   2003  First Community Bank, Rossini Racing Products, Filippo Speed Santa Rosa, CA
71  Gong, Curtis   2001  RM Autosports San Diego, CA
48  Isley, Jennifer   1999  Mazdaspeed Motorsports/RACER.com Coto de Caza, CA
30  Langon, Daniel   2001  Bigge Crane, Langon Construction, Cerini Motorsport Alamo, CA
33  Lee, Clement   1999  RM Autosports, G-LOC Brakes San Diego, CA
41  Lerner, Preston   1999   Burbank, CA
17  Leukhardt III, Alan   1991  Iron Canyon Motorsports, ALIVE Motorsports La Verne, CA
08  Littlehale, Tristan   2001  TC Design, Red Line Oil, G-LOC Brakes Saratoga, CA
80  Pierangeli, Giorgio   2009  Oliva Restaurant Sherman Oaks Los Angeles, CA
145  Powers, Steven   1999  miatacage.com, East Street Racing Mesa, AZ
89  Rosenthal, Jay   1998  Southland Income Properties, Inc. Woodland Hills, CA
12  Westmorland, Grant   1999  Pacific Tugboat Service, Rush Motorsports, OPM Autosports Chula Vista, CA
Class Totals: Spec Miata: 16

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

luvin_the_rings

luvin_the_rings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Car Year:1990

Not bad.  About the same amount as NASA had there last weekend. 

• Rob Burgoon likes this

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Yep.  It's a shame cal club still has that shadow of stewards asking drivers for money hanging over it.  Great reason to run NASA instead.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Congrats to "thorn" on getting pole.  :unsure: 

https://www.scca.com...2#event_scoring

Sat Race at 12:30p PST in about 25 mins.

https://www.scca.com...sessions/latest

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Qualify 2:13

Race   2:06

Rain or a left coast thing??? :unsure:

Is it safe to say data tracking is all screwed up, or is this a left coast thing? Production car group, E, F, H, STL, FC, P1,P2. :wacko:  :noidea:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I believe Qual I posted was FUBAR since there was 17 drivers and thorn was like 15th.

No rain.

J~

RacerJason99

RacerJason99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Region:Cal Club
  • Car Number:48

Didn't notice while we were there, but now that I look at the results I see a pair of DQs each day, reportedly for refusing inspection (8.3.3.c). 

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Didn't notice while we were there, but now that I look at the results I see a pair of DQs each day, reportedly for refusing inspection (8.3.3.c). 

Link?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

http://cdn.growasset....pdf?1493600855

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Well that's interesting.  Could be they just didn't want to do the teardown...  I wonder how hard SCCA penalizes that.

RacerJason99

RacerJason99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Should show up in Fastrack.

Peter Olivola

Peter Olivola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

If it's appealed or detailed in the race report.  Un-appealed actions aren't a matter of public record.

Should show up in Fastrack.

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

The SM races were somewhat less than exciting mostly because Tristan Littlehale put on a clinic both days and just left everyone else. National tech was there and got pretty intrusive (cylinder heads, and I don't know what else) on Sunday. I was preoccupied with T4 so missed most of what was happening in SM. 

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RacerJason99

RacerJason99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Anyone know if they are doing random head pulls on cars finishing off of the podium at other Super Tours/Majors?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Jason, your leaving a paper trail ^ .

Last weekend at a Majors at Blackhawk Farm, no random heads were pulled.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
I thought refusing tear down is a 6 month suspension.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RacerJason99

RacerJason99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I thought refusing tear down is a 6 month suspension.

And that - meaning missing the Runoffs - is the only reason I would not have refused if we had been requested to tear down. I am busy enough with my car at a Super Tour, the last thing I need to do is spend hours helping my wife pull her car apart for a finish that was well off of the podium. I understand, and support the idea of more detailed tech inspections, but it seems excessive if we are randomly pulling cars that finish outside of the top six - even the Runoffs only typically impounds the top six. Reading the sups I would have never guessed that the SM compliance checks would hit cars finishing that far off.

Seems like a big turn off for the recreational racer, knowing this know I will likely utilize the Regional path for her next year.

*I am 100% prepared to leave an event like the Runoffs with my engine in the trunk (its getting to be a habit) but I don't expect to do that the rest of the year.

• BNaumann likes this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Jason, that's the price of Spec Miata. The class with the most entries for several years and random tech is the cost of being involved. In my case at my age, 6 month suspension is acceptable. I've done some illegal 1.6 items over the previous two years with open acknowledgement and suggested protest if it'll make you feel better. I'm no where near the pointy end. Doing test data for the good of the 1.6 and it all worked out for the good of the 1.6. Other's also collected same/similar test data.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

It's a slippery slope.. The questionnaire sent out was answered that this is what we wanted overwhelmingly.. even if we had to pay for it, which we now are.

Be careful what we ask for. I think everyone wanted tech when it wasn't them and most times its not. But effective tech is not just the top three or six.  Everyone enters knowing this could be their ticket.   So as much of a PITA as this could be.. I suggest you don't enter Supertours if you dont want to risk a complaince check.

• Mark likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

I enthusiastically support tech that goes deeper in the field than just the podium finishers. It has been a long time coming. PITA for anyone for sure. It is not what I want to be doing on a Sunday afternoon. Those running back in the pack have just as much right to a fair playing field as those finishing up front. They paid the entry fee just like everyone else. Kudo's to the SCCA tech team. Keep it up. 

• Joe (dad) Jordan, Jim Drago and Jamz14 like this

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users