Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:13

Hey guys. I wanted to help spread the word that the World Racing League will be hosting a 14 hour race at Daytona on June 10th. For those of you that don't know about the WRL, take a look at the website for more info.

www.racewrl.com

The short story is that the WRL was created to give club racers a place to get involved in endurance racing with club level cars and drivers.  WRL is focusing on bridging the gap between "ultra-low-budget" and pro level endurance racing. All drivers must be licensed with another accredited racing organization (NASA, SCCA, BMWCCA, etc.), sufficient experience in other endurance series, or as an instructor/TT/DE4/etc. The rule book is a basic power to weight ratio classing with performance modifiers. Huge penalties are given for any car to car contact to keep everybody behaving while on track. There are a lower number of incidents at a WRL race than any sprint club race group.

WRL-SE is hosting the race at Daytona and is giving new teams a $500 discount on entry fees. There are no maximum drive times so get as much track time as you can (safely) handle. That is 14 hours of racing for $1025 per TEAM!!! If you and a buddy are a team that is 7 hours of racing each. There is no better track value on offer.

WRL would like to make it easy for drivers/cars from other clubs to make the switch and give endurance racing a try. For this race, all SM cars will not have to make any changes other than tires. Use your SM wheels and throw some 180+ treadwear tires and you are legal! You will be in a competitive class even on the high banks.

Sign up at http://racewrl.com/2017-schedule and click on the track to a link to the registrar. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will get answers from the guys running the show.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Diller

Diller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:13

I am also told that if enough SM cars sign up, there could be an SM only class!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WRL, Daytona, Endurance Racing, WRL-SE, #bestracingever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users