Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I didnt get to watch much on the races. But wanted to Congratulate Preston Pardus on the win in race 1 and Jeff Labounty in race two. Nice to see Preston and Jeff get the wins!  Preston has been drivng really well and due and Jeff is always busy getting everyones elses car going that he seldom gets to race.  John Davison and Alex Acosta up front all weekend! 

Looks like a great weekend, that track is a lot of fun to race. Wish we could make one a year. :(

Jim

• Danny Steyn, Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:42

Videos will be up shortly! Awesome battles in both races as it seemed no one really had a dedicated partner. Congrats to my brotha Johnston Davis for using lessons not learned from his mentor, John Carter, to actually finish both races without dents! Jokes aside, Davison ran smart all weekend, and had himself in contention for both races. Anyways, a fun Daytona weekend as always!

• Jim Drago, Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Man, what a fun weekend!  Put it on front row working with P$ after John Carter broke on the outlap. The first race was a four wide finish. I was leading while we were passing pit entrance and was a sitting duck and fell to fourth, where preston went form 4th to 1st with a great move down onto the apron.  0.084 Seconds between Preston, Cory, Selin, and myself!!  Selin by the way, started dead last because he was graduating college during qualifying (Congrats Selin!).

The 2nd race was just awesome. No other word to describe it.  For the first 20 minutes or so, we had P$, Jamie Tucker, Jeffy, Cory, Selin, Acosta, Nick Malatesta, John Wilding, and I going three wide in to T1, while bouncing off the rev limiters in 5th gear, every single lap!  Two and three wide through every corner the whole time.  Out of all the 8 other drivers, I think I pushed or got pushed by every single one of them throughout the whole race.  Unfortunately, Preston was the first one to fall out with some engine troubles and then Jamie Tucker had a cam sensor go bad.  Then, Cory took some advice from John Carter and sent it 3 wide in to T3 pretty late.  Hit Selin and they went spinning.  This allowed me, Jeffy, Acosta, and Nick M to have a 4 car battle for about 3 laps.  Acosta must have wanted to lead really badly, and when they passed us...jeff and I just sat back until the last lap and got a good run out of the bus stop and I pushed him to the win and got P2. 

It just doesn't get any better than this weekend.  It is awesome the camaraderie and sportsmanship we can have with the two engine builder rivals with Rossini and AutoTechnik.  Both of us got the top two spots in a race and the cars were very close on the banking.  It really could have been anyone's race and it was fun to share that experience with all my friends.

I think I had the most fun out of anybody this weekend and I cant wait to upload my video and watch others. Congrats to P$ on getting that win!  You are the real deal! You and Selin are extremely tough to beat at Daytona every time.  Also congrats to John Wilding who had a fantastic race 2 and contended for the win!

• Jim Drago, Danny Steyn, Adax and 3 others like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

:yep:   :thumbsup: 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Really fun event. Loves those rovals. Almost perfect weekend except for getting bump slammed in the braking zone of the bus stop while running second in class in the enduro. Ten minutes to go and an out of class Miata chucklehead drills me. Two laps later ring and pinion go kerblamo. Fortunately had a spare diff and made the feature race, finished second in class.

Dude, an apology would have been nice.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Here is race one, as John said, the top four were separated by .084 at the finish!

• Danica Davison and BNaumann like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

It just doesn't get any better than this weekend. 

It can always be better... What about if Danny was there and you won?  :) :)

• Danny Steyn, High Chair, Danica Davison and 1 other like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
So I'm sitting at the bar at Hogs Breath in Key West thinking why the Duck don't they have a race track down here. We would destroy this place and the fields would be enormous!
  • Danny Steyn likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

It can always be better... What about if Danny was there and you won? :) :)

Not going to happen! Damn I get to spend 24 hrs in the country between trips to Africa and Australia, and I come back to this shite!!?? I am so going to have to wax his ass next time we go toe to toe!!! John, when u gonna kick my ass bro? Just askin....
  • Jim Drago and Preston Pardus like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Not going to happen! Damn I get to spend 24 hrs in the country between trips to Africa and Australia, and I come back to this shite!!?? I am so going to have to wax his ass next time we go toe to toe!!! John, when u gonna kick my ass bro? Just askin....

Danny will be Ft Lauderdale Wednesday, street racing?
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

I come back to this shite!!?? I am so going to have to wax his ass next time we go toe to toe!!! John, when u gonna kick my ass bro? Just askin....

http://mazdaracers.c...ind/#entry98805

J~

• Danica Davison likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Not going to happen! Damn I get to spend 24 hrs in the country between trips to Africa and Australia, and I come back to this shite!!?? I am so going to have to wax his ass next time we go toe to toe!!! John, when u gonna kick my ass bro? Just askin.....

Hey, I have won just as many races as you have this year ...

And I beat Cory, Selin, and Preston this weekend ... who all beat you on a regular basis ... so your day will come soon.

• Jim Drago and CruzanTom like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

OMG this is funny :)

• Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

And I beat Cory, Selin, and Preston this weekend ... 

I can't believe it..  :bs:

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I can't believe it..  :bs:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while

• Jim Drago and Danny Steyn like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Cold my man.  :raincloud: on you.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Key West and Miatas. Perfect!
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Hey, I have won just as many races as you have this year ...

And I beat Cory, Selin, and Preston this weekend ... who all beat you on a regular basis ... so your day will come soon.

If nothing else.. I have to admire the confidence! They say you must set goals to achieve them.. You clearly have set yours :)

• Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Key West and Miatas. Perfect!

And this should be in the "Why Spec Miata is great" thread. Walter and I are on the same page.
  • Danny Steyn likes this

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Sitting on yet another plane, this time to Sydney. Out of the loop for next 17 hours. Not sure it will be safe to return to this thread when I land in OZ...... FU JD! I am so seriously going to kick your ass at our next encounter. Having some stickers made to rub this in!!!! 🤣
  • Jim Drago likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users