Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

No smack here.  I’m bringing a bazooka to a gun fight.  A WOT unrestricted uncorked plate-less nearly un-muffled flame throwing rip-snorting ’95.  The last NA car to start in the top 6 at a Runoffs.  When this car gets  to turn 5 on the 1st lap the fans gathered down there will think there was a split start.  Want to come along?  Looking for drafting partners that want to take advantage of the opportunity.  Bring your asthmatic VVT’s or your run of the mill ‘99’s. 

What do you say Jim Drago?  Aren’t you bored playing leapfrog with your teammates at Road America?  Don’t you want to contribute to an NA1.8 getting on the podium at a big race and put that on your resume alongside that 1.6 victory in 2012?  Danny, we both had some car trouble last year.   We could work together and stop that awful clock.  I’ll push.  Redemption.  Anyone else need something extra? 

If you don’t want to do it for your own selfish reasons, do it for the good of the class.  Get the NA 1.8 on the podium.  Apply here or by PM or see me next Friday.

• Bench Racer, Jim Drago, Danny Steyn and 3 others like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Who's Kyle Webb? That guy still races?

"99 Webb, Kyle M. 1999 Spec Miata"

Hmm all that from the kid who will begging for a new drafting partner when his decided to go cut the grass in the last 4 laps... With or without your help... 💣💥💥💥
  • mellen, Danica Davison and evan.pecore like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99
Danny steyn will rise like Lazzareth! But he still won't be able to stop the clock!

Justin Elder for the win... Tom sager will pass the most cars in one lap only to run out of drafting partners.

The podium will be rounded out by T Craig Berry, another wild Texan of your choice.
  • Jim Drago, Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

No smack here.  I’m bringing a bazooka to a gun fight.  A WOT unrestricted uncorked plate-less nearly un-muffled flame throwing rip-snorting ’95. 

shooooot I already do this to my 99. You will have to do better than that. Maybe buy some Drago head glaze.

• Danny Steyn likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

For my friend from the Chicago Burbs!!!

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Danny steyn will rise like Lazzareth! But he still won't be able to stop the clock!

Justin Elder for the win... Tom sager will pass the most cars in one lap only to run out of drafting partners.

The podium will be rounded out by T Craig Berry, another wild Texan of your choice.

hahaha this is great. I am putting you in my top 5.

The newsletter after Road America will read:

"Danny Steyn prematurely ejaculated from the race!" 

The clock still ticks since the last time Danny Steyn's car has had an orgasmic win. His race ended just a couple pumps- I mean ... laps ... too early. Jim Drago and Kyle Webb just double teamed him hard from both the front and the rear and it was just too much for Danny to handle. Both of those boys are just bigger and faster than Danny is used to. Sources say, after the race weekend, Steyn checked WebMD for some possible solutions.  This led him to seek an ancient remedy used by the Swahili's, so he is going back to his native land of Australia to see if he can come back stronger, harder, and be able to last the whole race.  According to WebMD, this issue is common among men of his age and roughly 1 out of every 3 Spec Miata drivers have this problem.  Hopefully, his car doesn't stay unsatisfied for too long and start to break both physically and mentally, and eventually sold to another driver.

• MPR22, Jim Drago, Danny Steyn and 1 other like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

That ^ is hilarious. Keep in mind the Dude won the June Sprints his first time ever at Road America. Maybe as Brian Redman's Cat always shows up for one more drink, Danny will have another June Sprints win. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

No smack here.  I’m bringing a bazooka to a gun fight.  A WOT unrestricted uncorked plate-less nearly un-muffled flame throwing rip-snorting ’95.  The last NA car to start in the top 6 at a Runoffs.  When this car gets  to turn 5 on the 1st lap the fans gathered down there will think there was a split start.  Want to come along?  Looking for drafting partners that want to take advantage of the opportunity.  Bring your asthmatic VVT’s or your run of the mill ‘99’s. 

What do you say Jim Drago?  Aren’t you bored playing leapfrog with your teammates at Road America?  Don’t you want to contribute to an NA1.8 getting on the podium at a big race and put that on your resume alongside that 1.6 victory in 2012?  Danny, we both had some car trouble last year.   We could work together and stop that awful clock.  I’ll push.  Redemption.  Anyone else need something extra? 

If you don’t want to do it for your own selfish reasons, do it for the good of the class.  Get the NA 1.8 on the podium.  Apply here or by PM or see me next Friday.

I have seen that car with the plate.. if you cant win in that car with no plate it is time to hang up the suit for good..  :) 

the left side of my car needs to be changed post sprints.. I wouldn't attempt a pass on my left :)

• Danny Steyn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

hahaha this is great. I am putting you in my top 5.

The newsletter after Road America will read:

"Danny Steyn prematurely ejaculated from the race!" 

The clock still ticks since the last time Danny Steyn's car has had an orgasmic win. His race ended just a couple pumps- I mean ... laps ... too early. Jim Drago and Kyle Webb just double teamed him hard from both the front and the rear and it was just too much for Danny to handle. Both of those boys are just bigger and faster than Danny is used to. Sources say, after the race weekend, Steyn checked WebMD for some possible solutions.  This led him to seek an ancient remedy used by the Swahili's, so he is going back to his native land of Australia to see if he can come back stronger, harder, and be able to last the whole race.  According to WebMD, this issue is common among men of his age and roughly 1 out of every 3 Spec Miata drivers have this problem.  Hopefully, his car doesn't stay unsatisfied for too long and start to break both physically and mentally, and eventually sold to another driver.

You, sir, are a sick puppy. Mos Def!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Danny, we both had some car trouble last year.   We could work together and stop that awful clock.  I’ll push.  Redemption.  

Tom, I'm all in, Partner. To the front!.

PS from what we have seen on the Rossini Dyno, you should be in the winning car for sure. As Drago said, "if you cant win in that car with no plate it is time to hang up the suit for good..   :) "

• Tom Sager likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

I have seen that car with the plate.. if you cant win in that car with no plate it is time to hang up the suit for good..   :)

the left side of my car needs to be changed post sprints.. I wouldn't attempt a pass on my left :)

You've seen my suit.  Sprints may be the last event for that one.  Even my wife now is all over me to get a new one. 

• Jim Drago likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Car Number:07

Hmm all that from the kid who will begging for a new drafting partner when his decided to go cut the grass in the last 4 laps... With or without your help...

Shake the rust off quick, and you'll be the guy I push to the front, if Voytek decides to take my dad out lap one again.

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:55

I was looking forward to being in some cooler weather and racing at such an awesome venue, but it looks like it is going to be hot up there as well. Either way can't wait to be racing again with the best this country has to offer. Below is my experience last year (first time at R America) in the Kink on Sunday. I was having fun swapping positions with Tom Scheifler, and then, well, I soiled myself. Enjoy, see yall soon.

https://youtu.be/HkFF8aNvqI0

Not sure if the link works,  the interweb, PC's, imbeded links, etc.... are a stretch for me. 

Senter Smith

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

I was looking forward to being in some cooler weather and racing at such an awesome venue, but it looks like it is going to be hot up there as well. Either way can't wait to be racing again with the best this country has to offer. Below is my experience last year (first time at R America) in the Kink on Sunday. I was having fun swapping positions with Tom Scheifler, and then, well, I soiled myself. Enjoy, see yall soon.

https://youtu.be/HkFF8aNvqI0

Not sure if the link works,  the interweb, PC's, imbeded links, etc.... are a stretch for me. 

WOW....... It sounds like you lifted a little at the apex and thats what unsettled the car???

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Senter, after the fact, there are two thing you need to know about the Kink, there are those who have crashed and those that will crash. Usually cars get feed into passengers side wall. WOW, yer damn lucky you only had to clean your suite. Be safe during your travels north.

Watched a couple more times, it seems at approx. 43 seconds there was a noise/clunk just before inside apex.

• sentercut likes this

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Car Number:07

WOW! Scary stuff, looked like an early turn in but man that was a nice save. You were paddocked next to us last year and I dont remember hearing about this?!

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Yeah, i about took a dump in my suit there.

In retrospect, I think I must have lifted a hair even though i had been coached not to, and I had not had any issue there the whole weekend last year. Anywho, fun ride for sure. Damn fortunate I know. 

I ambled on into the pits after that, because ya know, my tires were corded.  :barf:

• Danny Steyn likes this

Senter Smith

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Yeah, i about took a dump in my suit there.

In retrospect, I think I must have lifted a hair even though i had been coached not to, and I had not had any issue there the whole weekend last year. Anywho, fun ride for sure. Damn fortunate I know. 

I ambled on into the pits after that, because ya know, my tires were corded.  :barf:

Wow.  Very very few that loop it in the kink have the good outcome you had.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Senter

It appears you turned in a little early and hit the beginning of the curb, that couple with a lift at apex all brought the rear around..I think you would have not spun if it were only a combination of two of these things :) If you have to lift.. slight breathe before turn in, not after.  With a decent handling car and decent tires, it is always flat..

• Danny Steyn and sentercut like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

yes, thank all for the comments and critique it always helps to hear from you guys on mistakes. see yall soon. 

Senter Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users