Lee Tilton

I wanna go faster!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Region:WDC - NASA Mid-Atl
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:04
January issue is on the SCCA website. Most notable is a proposal to clarify the exhaust configuration. The CRB also had multiple appeals to allow the NB suspension in the NAs. Still denied. I will keep trying for the rule change until they pry the NB subframe from my cold stiff fingers. :P
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
http://www.scca.com/...ck-jan-club.pdf

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
All cars 1990-1997 are permitted to use the “R” model tie rod ends part # N021-32-280A. That's new. Was that a compromise to the NB front subframe etc.?

Still 47mm and 2400# though for the 94-97. I was hoping for a touch less weight there. <_<
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco

All cars 1990-1997 are permitted to use the “R” model tie rod ends part # N021-32-280A. That's new. Was that a compromise to the NB front subframe etc.?

Still 47mm and 2400# though for the 94-97. I was hoping for a touch less weight there. <_<

You need to read this carefully.

You have "Suggested Rules for next year".
"Not Approved by the CRB"
"Previously Addressed"
"No Action"
And then the "Tech Bulletin" where your hopes comes true.

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

You need to read this carefully.

You have "Suggested Rules for next year".
"Not Approved by the CRB"
"Previously Addressed"
"No Action"
And then the "Tech Bulletin" where your hopes comes true.

J~

Unless I read it wrong, the tie rod change was redlined directly into the Dec. GCR page 581. I clicked the link supplied above before I went into the Fastrack. I hope that's legit. I like the locating ring for the rear sway bar too, accepted unanimously.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
He's talking about the weight. You got 35# to 2365.

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

He's talking about the weight. You got 35# to 2365.

Ohhhh...um...looking at the wrong issue. I like that rule change. We now return you to your normally scheduled programming.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Correct the '94-'97 goes to 2365#.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Please also note the addition of the NEW SM5 class to club racing in the SCCA, is was approved!!!!
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40
Safe to assume the Springfiled Dyno exhaust meets the new exhaust rules?
(I hoping so, as a new one arrives today for my 91 :unsure: )

SPEC MIATA

1. #3044 (CRB) clarify exhaust rules

Modify 9.1.8.C.1.m.4 as follows to clarify what muffler configurations are permitted:

a. The replacement system retains the original configuration (i.e., single tube design) and the tubing is a maximum of
2.25 inches outside diameter. The maximum length of tubing used for the system beyond the OEM down pipe shall not exceed 120 inches (includes catalytic converter replacement pipe if used).

b. The pipe may end anywhere after the rear subframe. Forward of the rear subframe, the pipe must follow the original path of the OEM exhaust system.
The exhaust system shall not create any new openings in the rear bumper.

c. No expansion chambers.
A single muffler may be added. The muffler shall not exceed a maximum length (parallel to the longitudinal centerline of the car) of 34 inches. The muffler shall not exceed a maximum width of 24 inches (parallel to the lateral centerline of the car). In addition, the sum of the length and width of the muffler shall not exceed 40 inches.

Toby Linder