Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

Has anyone else noticed various parts no longer being listed at mazda motorsports?  Tried to find the following and had no luck:

thermostat gasket

valve cover gasket

plastic shock top gasket

Tried to call MM this afternoon and they weren't answering their phones, then closed the lines early.

Any idea what's going on?  They starting to discontinue some of this stuff?

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Dave D.

Dave D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:NASA Northeast
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:14

I get the thermostat and cam cover gasket separate all the time at my local dealer for my shop,so they are available. I haven't checked recently, but maybe the Motorsports parts illustration has been changed and those gaskets are listed elsewhere? I know even my local dealer parts guys complain that there are simple parts that are a pain to find where they are listed. BTW, unless I am placing a huge order, it's a better deal for me to buy stuff from my local dealer with my jobber price( which is only a few pennies above the MM price),but  1. I can usually get it next day, and 2. I am not paying for shipping. However I can not get any competition parts through the dealer such as engine mounts, the manager can not event put it through as a special order. But it is true that there are some parts being discontinued.......I think the fuel filter for NAs is one of them.

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

I get the thermostat and cam cover gasket separate all the time at my local dealer for my shop,so they are available. I haven't checked recently, but maybe the Motorsports parts illustration has been changed and those gaskets are listed elsewhere? I know even my local dealer parts guys complain that there are simple parts that are a pain to find where they are listed. BTW, unless I am placing a huge order, it's a better deal for me to buy stuff from my local dealer with my jobber price( which is only a few pennies above the MM price),but  1. I can usually get it next day, and 2. I am not paying for shipping. However I can not get any competition parts through the dealer such as engine mounts, the manager can not event put it through as a special order. But it is true that there are some parts being discontinued.......I think the fuel filter for NAs is one of them.

Illustrations are the same, but the list of xx-xxxx numbers on the right is a lot shorter and much more incomplete.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

They had some issues and are fixing it. You couldn't get them on the phone because they are helping many people trying to order.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

They had some issues and are fixing it. You couldn't get them on the phone because they are helping many people trying to order.

Ah, good.  Much better than half the catalog no longer available.

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Don't worry, your California-designed/Chinese-built autonomous robot car will work just as perfectly, durably, and cost-effectively as your smartphone.  So - better than a BMW?  Probably?

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

They are having some issues with the system, the last few orders, i have placed i have had to call because it says the part number is wrong when its not. That and i think they are short handed.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Best guess: a full IT overhaul in May. From phones, inventory & billing systems, to their online presence (www.mazdamotorsports.com) were all changed.

The order I placed in late April was shipped and my first event took place before I was charged on my CC (June transaction date on the statement).

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

manthony121

manthony121

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Region:Glen Region
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:59

I just ordered several bits for my '91 1.6, and noticed the same thing: illustration with dozens of parts identified, and about 3 of them listed on the cross ref.  Fortunately, I have a copy of the 1990 FSM, which includes a complete parts cross reference.  I look up the part numbers there, enter them into the search box at Mazdamotorsports, and they come right up in the search results.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

I have notice this also, So is the process they have the parts, but if not listed you have to call? I would think that would make life difficult for the parts guys. Or is it that they are no longer offered?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:38

parts guys are overwhelmed right now. long wait times on the phone. they just added a 3rd guy

Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

Oh, and more follow-up: the stock parts diagrams & lists aren't functional either.

You can get the diagram but no description/full part number.

Confirmed by a couple of people via multiple browsers so it's definitely not related to that sort of error.

I hope they get things fixed as that's always been my process - select year, model, general part type, specific function: BOOM!

Parts diagram & list.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

EricJ

EricJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Texas

I've been using the Jim Ellis Mazda parts site to get the part number, then enter the Quick Order part number at Mazdaspeed.

Richard Astacio

Richard Astacio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:80

I was told that when they switch to the new website some stuff is missing now. Its on the list to fix.....

Richard Astacio

2003 Spec Miata VVT & 2013 Cup Car

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

manthony121

manthony121

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I have notice this also, So is the process they have the parts, but if not listed you have to call? I would think that would make life difficult for the parts guys. Or is it that they are no longer offered?

Parts are being offered, but the "Parts Catalog Link" at the Mazdaspeed motorsports site won't show them.  You have to find the part number yourself, then enter it into the "Search by Part Number" box.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

There is group of frequently ordered parts that i keep a list of. I am sure that many of you do also. Maybe we should combine our lists and create a download page on the site so we can go in find it quick and order.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

manthony121

manthony121

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

There is group of frequently ordered parts that i keep a list of. I am sure that many of you do also. Maybe we should combine our lists and create a download page on the site so we can go in find it quick and order.

Make sure it has a decent Search function!  :)

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Make sure it has a decent Search function!  :)

I believe you have dedicated an entire thread to your search function frustrations. Moving on.
  • Bench Racer, Danica Davison, manthony121 and 1 other like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users