23 replies to this topic

JRMarchand

JRMarchand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Western Michigan
  • Car Year:1999

It is very easy to qualify, I did two Super Tours, GMan Major and barabeenbaraboom, i'm heading to Indy.

The weekend at Gman was good, great to see the top 5 conference guys dancing around my little hometrack,  nice very nice hanging with Advanced and V2 pace, in a very ghetto NA2, that thing is close,  thanks to "NoPlate". 

Here is a video starting second row.  the start was clean, some contact but clean, i think Voytek might have come in, it was a very gentle, subtle, nothing really,  I knew Roberts was on my outside and Gagliardo behind me, those two take no shit,   so Voytek and I made contact,  light very light contact, nobody got called upstairs and Ralph or Dave didn't come by yelling.  good stuff, see ya all Indy.

https://youtu.be/dvb5uKZwTFw

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:76

It's really a shame it's so easy to qualify for the Runoffs because it's SUMMER in the upper Midwest and races like Gingerman and Grattan don't get the car count they deserve. Mr. President, please take notice.

My driving isn't good enough to travel. 

We actually had 225 cars, the most ever. Last year we had 192.

• JRMarchand likes this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Not a putdown Jeff. Me, old school thinking area 4 and area 5 equal CenDiv. There were a bunch of Spec Miata names missing as compared to if it was points racing to get to the Runoffs. 4 quickly come to mind from WI and 2 from Ohio. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Congrats to all that won and podiumed this weekend at gingerman!

I rarely care to race for points, even when I finished 2nd in points in 2015 I was not running for points it just so happened that I found myself there.

I would have run gingerman if it had been the only path to Indy... But since it is not I enjoyed a wonderful weekend with my wife at the lake cottage!

I most likely will not race at Indy but I will qualify non the less by adding to regional races to my already two majors. And probably will sign up and wait to see later if the desire to go to Indy ignites in my bones, I very much doubt there will be much desire but never know.
  • Michael Novak and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb