- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Mr. Awald at Hoosier was kind enough to email the following information to me today:

The cost of the tires is $718.08. Plus $50.27 tax and $96 for service $8 dismount,$8 mount and $8 balance per tire.
So the total price is $864.35

Hopefully this is some help.  Looking forward to your business.
--
Fredrick Awald
Track Service Manager
Hoosier Tire Midwest Inc. Plymouth
(574)936-8344

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Did he say they were giving 3-4 tires again this year??

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

No, that was the extent of his email. (I was hoping he would mention something about that.)

That is also $100.00 more than I paid Appalachian Race Tire for the same service at Roebling Road a few weeks ago. As it stand right now, I plan to have the tires shipped to me (at $20 per tire) so they can be mounted by my sponsor, Purcell Tire.

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
Danny Steyn, the Hillary Clinton voter, should buy everyone at least two tires. Spread the wealth! We are #StrongerTogether
  • dc2696 and Spencer Rutherford like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

No, that was the extent of his email. (I was hoping he would mention something about that.)

That is also $100.00 more than I paid Appalachian Race Tire for the same service at Roebling Road a few weeks ago. As it stand right now, I plan to have the tires shipped to me (at $20 per tire) so they can be mounted by my sponsor, Purcell Tire.

Isnt that price quoted the agreed upon price from Hoosier...give or take? Tax depends on state...$20-$25 at track mounting seems normal.

Do you feel the price quoted is excessive? 

Cheaper than what anyone gets RR's(or Hoosiers) mounted and balanced for at the track in CA!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

This is the exact same price that we get from Appalachian in the south east.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

The tire prices are always the same. The difference is in the cost of the mounting, balancing, dismounting, etc. (i.e. "the service"). In other words, the extras were that much less at Roebling Road that they will be at Indy. I'm not complaining or trying to start an argument; I am just sharing facts. My charge for four tires and "the service" by Appalachian at Roebling Road a few weeks ago was $768.00.

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

The tire prices are always the same. The difference is in the cost of the mounting, balancing, dismounting, etc. (i.e. "the service"). In other words, the extras were that much less at Roebling Road that they will be at Indy. I'm not complaining or trying to start an argument; I am just sharing facts. My charge for four tires and "the service" by Appalachian at Roebling Road a few weeks ago was $768.00.

Damn I must have gotten jipped then. I had won two tires already before going into the roebling weekend so I only had two tires + mount/bal and it came out to $432. Multiply that by 2 and you get the $864.  I guess you get some sort of break at 4 tires versus two?

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
They forgot to charge him for mounting
  • Danica Davison likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

not specifically related.. 

But just wanted to mention.. The SM7 compound was specifically designed for Indianapolis.  When grand am went there they were graining the hell out of tires.  They ran harder tires( endurance), but still grained. the Sm7 compound along with multiple others were tested to try get rid of the graining. The way I remember the story from Bruce, this compound was faster and they never thought it would hold up. It ended up being the fastest and most durable.  

Jim

• Danica Davison and lillyweld like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

not specifically related.. 

But just wanted to mention.. The SM7 compound was specifically designed for Indianapolis.  When grand am went there they were graining the hell out of tires.  They ran harder tires( endurance), but still grained. the Sm7 compound along with multiple others were tested to try get rid of the graining. The way I remember the story from Bruce, this compound was faster and they never thought it would hold up. It ended up being the fastest and most durable.  

Jim

At Indianapolis.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

At Indianapolis.

Thank you Captain Obvious :)

• DrDomm, Danica Davison and lillyweld like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Thank you Captain Obvious :)

Hey, sometimes this site get's just like when the soccer mom's post other places, out of context. How about all the raging about why diff. and sub-frame failure, Captain Correctness. :bigsquaregrin:

• Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

luvin_the_rings

luvin_the_rings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Isnt that price quoted the agreed upon price from Hoosier...give or take? Tax depends on state...$20-$25 at track mounting seems normal.

Do you feel the price quoted is excessive? 

Cheaper than what anyone gets RR's(or Hoosiers) mounted and balanced for at the track in CA!

Ron, I totally agree.  We paid $888 at Willow Springs. He really shafted us on a %10 credit fee and mounting/balancing. 

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Ron, I totally agree.  We paid $888 at Willow Springs. He really shafted us on a %10 credit fee and mounting/balancing. 

If you're (or anyone is) ever in the area, try Les Schwab in San Carlos, $776 for a set of RR's mounted, You can call and talk to Mike, the manager.

Worked for me a couple months ago anyway.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users