Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

John I truly hope your car won't need much to get it back into racing shape but the video does beg a couple of questions from those of us that weren't there and don't know you that well. Pardon me if this comes across as insensitive but what were you doing that far back in the pack and what is with those car colors?  Are those Miami Dolphins colors?  Have you ordered your Jay Cutler jersey yet? attachicon.gifJay.gif

Hahaha I started in 13th which was way too far back. I wrecked on my own on the 3rd lap in qualifying so I had to start back in the killzone unfortunately. And the color is grabber blue from the ford mustang, which might explain why my car went airborne, as it was looking for pedestrians to land on. I am actually a Pats fan so GO TOM BRADY!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I am actually a Pats fan so GO TOM BRADY!

You don't cheat it up as Brady has been accused of or was that as Brady was found guilty of. As I re-read your post, a Pats fan. WOW, that includes Belicheat. All the cheating aside, they have a fabulous record over man years. Bilicheat is a fantastic coach/manager. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

You don't cheat it up as Brady has been accused of or was that as Brady was found guilty of. As I re-read your post, a Pats fan. WOW, that includes Belicheat. All the cheating aside, they have a fabulous record over man years. Bilicheat is a fantastic coach/manager.

Who says I don't cheat it up? Just haven't been caught yet :)

And Brady isn't proven guilty of anything sooooo

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Our boy John Davison sends it!

The good take-away from this violent crash is that from John's in car camera you can see that his seat did a phenomenal job of containing his entire body, hips, torso and head. Sincerely hope that drivers reconsider running without a full containment seat. If John did not have shoulder containment, this could have been way worse.

• Tom Sager, Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

And Brady isn't proven guilty of anything sooooo

You and Brady have the same playbook, but he did miss 4 games...................

"Of course, there’s a chance Brady’s suspension ultimately would have been overturned. Brady wasn’t willing to take that slim chance, given the very strong likelihood that he would have been suspended four games at some point during the season, with one or more of those games possibly landing in the postseason." 4 games for Brady, 2 draft picks and $1m dollars for the Patriots, ok, it was a business decision and not cheating.  :rotfl:

The NFL psi for footballs is 12.5-13.5 psi. Do you really believe a Pro quarterback can't with his finger's/hand feel a football that is 2 pounds 15% understand the NFL spec.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

What Danny says is very important. I had a horrible crash at Road Atlanta and had one of the very early Lajoie seats. It saved my life. Incidentally, I saw Randy Lajoie at Hickory this past Saturday. I gave him a big hug and thanked him for all the drivers including me that he has saved from serious injury or worse. A very humble man who thanked me for my involvement in motor sports. I had no idea he even knew who I was. Apparently, we met many years ago when he was actively racing and I got him hooked up with someone to get some road race experience.

Your seat is probably about the most important piece of safety equipment in your car. Sit in your seat sometime and use your arms and legs to push it. If it moves a lot, you might be in big trouble. And you should not be moving in the seat.

• Danny Steyn likes this

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

We need more cheaters like Brady(Dave's words)...great example of why it takes some mental acuity to be successful at the QB position in the NFL!  I'm so tired  of whiners(Crapernick)and their hangers who feel they are being unfairly treated because they can run and throw! Oh wait...you have to have the IQ of something above a jackass...???

Sorry...back to car wrecks! Great video editing! The shot of the barrier looking like a slinky was crazy!

• Bench Racer likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

The shot of the barrier looking like a slinky was crazy!

I think that is the safer barrier on a budget :) I think John and Bill were very lucky this guard rail was very soft as it definitely made the hit a lot softer than it could have been

• Ron Alan, Tom Sager and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

The shot of the barrier looking like a slinky was crazy!

Hopefully Trump doesn't use it for the wall!  The Mexicans will find my video and hop that shit no problem :)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

We need more cheaters like Brady(Dave's words)...great example of why it takes some mental acuity to be successful at the QB position in the NFL!  I'm so tired  of whiners(Crapernick)and their hangers who feel they are being unfairly treated because they can run and throw! Oh wait...you have to have the IQ of something above a jackass...???

Sorry...back to car wrecks! Great video editing! The shot of the barrier looking like a slinky was crazy!

You and Brady have the same playbook, but he did miss 4 games...................

"Of course, there’s a chance Brady’s suspension ultimately would have been overturned. Brady wasn’t willing to take that slim chance, given the very strong likelihood that he would have been suspended four games at some point during the season, with one or more of those games possibly landing in the postseason." 4 games for Brady, 2 draft picks and $1m dollars for the Patriots, ok, it was a business decision and not cheating.  :rotfl:

The NFL psi for footballs is 12.5-13.5 psi. Do you really believe a Pro quarterback can't with his finger's/hand feel a football that is 2 pounds 15% understand the NFL spec.

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

You should check this out :) Patriots are 17th on the cheater list!

Also, ESPN Sports Science did a segment on the underinflated balls and actually determined it was a major disadvantage.  Literally the next day, ESPN pulled the segment off the air and off their website because it didn't fit the agenda!  Hmmmm... Witch hunt!

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

Also, ESPN Sports Science did a segment on the underinflated balls and actually determined it was a major disadvantage.  Literally the next day, ESPN pulled the segment off the air and off their website because it didn't fit the agenda!  Hmmmm... Witch hunt!

Oh and Drago would be at least top 10 on this list hehehehe

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

The good take-away from this violent crash is that from John's in car camera you can see that his seat did a phenomenal job of containing his entire body, hips, torso and head. Sincerely hope that drivers reconsider running without a full containment seat. If John did not have shoulder containment, this could have been way worse.

Danny, I could not agree more with you. My 1.6 car didn't have full containment seat in it and then when I moved up to this car with the full containment seat ... I felt way more comfortable.  Not only has it proven its worth in terms of safety considering that I did not feel a thing or even a bit of soreness from this wreck, but I think it also makes you more "one" with the car.  When I race my chump car which is an NA1.8 we don't have a full containment seat, but have the side net, and I don't feel as a part of the car as I do when I am in my SM.

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Car Number:42

Feature Race:

• Danny Steyn, Danica Davison, John Wilding and 1 other like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

So much for the validity of your cheat source. PedsGate, Packers from 1989 forward 7 players. PedsGate, Patriots from 2007 forward 5 players. For the Packer they were required to dig back to 1921. Throw another 26 years of PedsGate at your patriots and check their cheat score. Danica Cheat, I did check out YOUR cheat score, do you see any obvious logic were YOUR cheat report FAILS.  :moon:

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

The only thing more boring than football is listing stats from football.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

The only thing more boring than football is listing stats from football.

How about watching baseball. :bigsquaregrin:

Ethan Nichols

Ethan Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:Treasure Coast
Daytona is actually pretty cool. Just came out on Sunday to see what I'm getting myself into next year. Decent corners and that banking looks awesome!

Missed the race on Saturday, but saw it online. Great driving boys :)
  • Danica Davison likes this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

How about watching baseball. :bigsquaregrin:

I thought we were talking about sports?  Watching baseball is about as bad as watching the WNBA.  I would rather stare at a wall.

• mellen likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Qyxz

Qyxz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Forgive me up front as I am new to all this.  But I've been watching racing for a long time and it looks like that black/white/blue/red car jams up into a disappearing space, pit maneuvers the gray car, that then is taken out along with Davison in spectacular fashion.  Never in the replays do I see a hint of brakes from that guy.  Is this boneheaded driving or is my interpretation wrong?  Will b/w/b/r car face some kind of penalty? 

• Danica Davison likes this

Michael Qiao

Northen NJ Region SCCA

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Forgive me up front as I am new to all this.  But I've been watching racing for a long time and it looks like that black/white/blue/red car jams up into a disappearing space, pit maneuvers the gray car, that then is taken out along with Davison in spectacular fashion.  Never in the replays do I see a hint of brakes from that guy.  Is this boneheaded driving or is my interpretation wrong?  Will b/w/b/r car face some kind of penalty?

You are correct.  What he should have done is just tuck in behind me. Or even a light lift of the pedal would have worked.  I protested him, and I believe it did go through, but I have not been told the results of it.  I am sure it is some sort of probation.

• Jaysz28 likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users