- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

Martinracing98

Martinracing98

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Any good videos of IMS (in SM)floating around? would be nice to get a little help, throw me a bone. The stuff ive seen on youtube is crap. I heard some of you guys already drove the track ahead of time, kinda jealous, kinda hoping you and you hook us up some with some footage, link it or send in a pm. Thank you

Juan Marchand

SCCA provided this. https://www.scca.com...layout-revealed

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Somehow I got relegated to the "B" qualy after the 1st day of qually...

I started 5 races in Super Tour all new tracks for me with a new car to boot... 

3 top 20 finish and 2 top 10 finish...

Nola

Cota 

The Glen

Finish on podium in a Major race in the Northeast..

Third place in points regionally having missed 2 weekends of racing.....

Being my second Run-Offs for me, I will not have the jitters as I had last year..This will be my second full year of racing...no pressure just going to have fun, race hard and clean. I have a cheater car from ESR and a great coach in Hille....doing some last minute prepping and going out Sunday to test the car and get some last tips coaching from Elivan before heading up to indy. I will be racing on Friday and you can take it to the bank.

I think Collin's predictions were a bit skewed, and off the mark.  Good bait, but I'm in no position to bite.  Based on your car and coaching...I'd put you in the top 44...and a few others that weren't included.  Some were clearly listed in "B" to annoy them...Smack Talk!

• Mike Collins, Jim Drago, Amy M and 2 others like this
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Nola
Cota 
The Glen

Being my second Run-Offs for me, I will not have the jitters as I had last year..This will be my second full year of racing...no pressure just going to have fun, race hard and clean. I have a cheater car from ESR and a great coach in Hille....doing some last minute prepping and going out Sunday to test the car and get some last tips coaching from Elivan before heading up to indy. I will be racing on Friday and you can take it to the bank.

Don't listen to Mike. He is just a meanie and doesn't know what he is talking about!  I believe in you :)

• Nick Soriano likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nick Soriano

Nick Soriano

Kenny MF Powers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:30

Nola

Cota 

The Glen

Let the haters be your motivators! If you're having a good year keep it rolling. 

Side note: How much does it cost to get Danny to post for you on MazdaRacers? Is it cheaper than a full press release? LOL. 

• Danica Davison likes this

#30 2001 Spec Miata

Autotechnik/ 5X Racing/ GlowShift Gauges

#ItCouldBeYou

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Ok so we now know who is going to win. (Obviously Erik Stearns)

so who is going to: 

Wreck In Q: Kicera and Stearns

Wreck in LCQ:  Danny Steyn ;)

Blow a trans:  On the track: Mike Collins.  Off the track:  Mark Gibbons

Have wheels come off:  Physically, Andrew Charbonneau. Mentally, Rossini after he changes Danny's motor after every test day session

Smoke a motor: Hopefully nobody!

Get DQed:  Jesse Singer

Get penalized for contact: There will be too many casualties to put blame on just one person for it.

Put 8 quarts of oil in their engine. I don't get it. I thought it already held 8 quarts?

Be official DFL:  Whoever loses in the tech shed

Take out more than 3 cars:  Well since Yiannis isn't entered ... I am going to go with Astacio because he is fired up after being put on the B list by Collins

Cause a double yellow:  Astacio when he does the above^

• Nick Soriano and Richard Astacio like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Let the haters be your motivators! If you're having a good year keep it rolling. 

Side note: How much does it cost to get Danny to post for you on MazdaRacers? Is it cheaper than a full press release? LOL.

:rotfl:

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Down to "shorter " lists...  And starting to load up the trailer tomorrow

Hopefully no one will need them, but we will be bringing race rebuilt transmissions, 99 and vvt engines,calipers, knuckles and hubs to seel should anyone need them

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:55

Man, I hope i don't need any of that stuff, especially another engine.

See you jacklegs in a few days!

• Jim Drago likes this

Senter Smith

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

If you win one of the less desirable awards early, I can deliver a very good and almost new '99 build and a definite overdog 1.6.
  • sentercut likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

If you win one of the less desirable awards early, I can deliver a very good and almost new '99 build and a definite overdog 1.6.

That is a very nice offer. But then we would have to pay you for all the body damage that your car gets in turn 1! 

Anyone else see the F1 race this weekend? :P

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Looks like haldeman turned it on today!

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Looks like haldeman turned it on today!

Did you want people to guess ??

https://www.scca.com...fri-grp-5-run-2

https://www.scca.com...sessions/latest

Their feed.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Kicera on top for the afternoon.

https://www.scca.com...fri-grp-5-run-3

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Kicera on top for the afternoon.

https://www.scca.com...fri-grp-5-run-3

J~

Yep but only one of the guys he beat at VIR was there today... His time also was better by nearly two seconds to anyone that tested yesterday!  The real test group will be tomorrow and sunday IMO... it will be interesting to see what those that have been there a couple months back can do in their first day with the one new turn.   

K. Webb