Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
My pick for the win is Mr. Checkers or wreckers himself! STEARNS... So stay out of the way

The rest of you guys can play tiddly winks for P2...
  • Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Not like Daytona?
The best driver won Daytona, so the best driver won't win?

I'm sorry, you were talking to Danica and I just crashed in.

Danica said Indy will be nothing like VIR...and I wanted to remind him it certainly won't be anything like Daytona.

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

Is there any interest in wasting some of our down time playing a round? And if so, what day is preferred?

And non golfers would be welcome, someone has to drive the drink cart and laugh at those playing.

steve, im in and Nicole said she'll drive the drink cart to keep everyone tuned up properly....

used to be a 2 handicap.....20 years ago....that means I'm just one step above danica's danger zone currently....

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

steve, im in and Nicole said she'll drive the drink cart to keep everyone tuned up properly....

used to be a 2 handicap.....20 years ago....that means I'm just one step above danica's danger zone currently....

Been my experience that we all get busy and the best plans seem to fall apart.. If we are going to do this, someone needs to take the lead, book time and make the plans. I will play if we are playing, but we need someone to take charge

• Danica Davison and Preston Pardus like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

Been my experience that we all get busy and the best plans seem to fall apart.. If we are going to do this, someone needs to take the lead, book time and make the plans. I will play if we are playing, but we need someone to take charge

probably the best days would be mon-tues.....i think as race day or last chance to qualify gets closer most will start to get amped up and golfing might be the last thing on their mind.

• Danica Davison likes this

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:73
I'm in for golf any day after qual.
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

probably the best days would be mon-tues.....i think as race day or last chance to qualify gets closer most will start to get amped up and golfing might be the last thing on their mind.

I agree with this. Here is the website below

http://www.brickyard.../tee-times.aspx

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

steve

steve

CFO MEATHEAD Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:90

Answering the call...

I booked tee times for 2 foursomes on both Monday and Tuesday, 12:40 and 12:50 on both days, hopefully plenty of time after qualifying.  It's $100 a head per round (that's cost, no markup!), probably one of the cheaper things I'll do that week.

Like the racing itself, talent will probably be all over the place, but no worries, you're in if you're one of the first 7 to claim a spot, no LCQ race.

• Mike Collins, Danica Davison and sentercut like this
STEVE

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Danica said Indy will be nothing like VIR...and I wanted to remind him it certainly won't be anything like Daytona.

What do you mean? You have me intrigued

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

What do you mean? You have me intrigued

I think he means just cuz you gots one of them there Jeffy boys it can't make up for a lack of tallent on the infield like it can at Daytona ;)

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I think he means just cuz you gots one of them there Jeffy boys it can't make up for a lack of tallent on the infield like it can at Daytona ;)

ehh, the Daytona thing may be true to an extent. However, the reports are in, and Indy isn't a difficult track ... so it will be like a Daytona.  With the difficulty low, and the high number of fast drivers we have at this race, I would expect some shockers in qualifying.  There may be some big names starting further back than you would think, and some smaller names higher in the order than you would think.  But as always, in the end, it will be the best driver on September 29th that wins ...

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I think this thread peaked early. There's still almost a month until the Runons. Ugg
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Obviously experience, driving skill, and having a very high mental ability is crucial for the Runoffs, no matter how difficult the track is.  So I definitely think the favorites are still the favorites to win, but don't be surprised when the unexpected happens. Just cause you win a big field at VIR, doesn't mean you will win the Runoffs :) .

Confidence is great and all ... but we see how well that worked out for Connor McGregor ;)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I think this thread peaked early. There's still almost a month until the Runons. Ugg

Did it though?  People have been prepping for weeks. I say let the mental warfare begin :)

What else are we going to talk about? Parity?

• Jim Drago and sentercut like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

PREDICTION: one of the Super Tour winners will win---if not a Majors winner.... There will not be a surprise------ I won the runoffs winner....

• Jim Drago likes this
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Did it though? People have been prepping for weeks. I say let the mental warfare begin :)

What else are we going to talk about? Parity?

A vvt will win causing a whole new argument for an extra 25lb.addition to thr vvt car.

Even more so the talk out of ft. Lauderdale aka "where the girls are" will fly into unabated cheater conspiracies about all those that beat ft. Lauderdales adopted hero and patriarch of all spec Miata... :)
  • Danica Davison likes this

K. Webb