Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24

I'm in for golf any day after qual.

You're gonna be busy, Your Highness!  ;)

• chris haldeman and Jim Drago like this

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Does this include the Indy Qualifying Runoffs Winner? :)

What time will your race on 9/28/2017 start? :bigsquaregrin:

• Danica Davison likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CarbonRacer

CarbonRacer

Autotechnik's Red Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:56

Hey look it's Jim Drago pushing Danica Davison and Nick Soriano at the Runoffs.  :laughing:    :hugegrin:

https://www.facebook...09035142480424/

• Nick Soriano and Danica Davison like this

Danica Davison is my BIOTCH...Just Sayin

2017 - 6 Podiums

2016 - Florida Cup Champion

- 9 Podiums

2015 - 2 Podiums

2014 - 1 Podiums

2013 - 4 Podiums

2012 - 8 Podiums

2011 - 2 Podiums

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Obviously experience, driving skill, and having a very high mental ability is crucial for the Runoffs, no matter how difficult the track is.  So I definitely think the favorites are still the favorites to win, but don't be surprised when the unexpected happens. Just cause you win a big field at VIR, doesn't mean you will win the Runoffs :) .

Confidence is great and all ... but we see how well that worked out for Connor McGregor ;)

Don't get ahead of yourself there Danica...never ANYWHERE did I say that because I won VIR that I WILL win the runoffs.  I merely said, and I quote "We had a 55-car field and I managed to come away with the win both days (at VIR). That gives me a lot of confidence I can at least be in contention at Indy."

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Great run at Watkins Glen yesterday, Tyler!

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Great run at Watkins Glen yesterday, Tyler!

Thanks Domm! So darn close to the W...thrilled to show the Cup guys what a pair of SM drivers can do.

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46

Thanks Domm! So darn close to the W...thrilled to show the Cup guys what a pair of SM drivers can do.

Absolutely!

Now, the morning race...did you get a drive thru penalty?

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Absolutely!

Now, the morning race...did you get a drive thru penalty?

Yes - both of us agreed afterward it was just hard racing, but they called me in.

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Don't get ahead of yourself there Danica...never ANYWHERE did I say that because I won VIR that I WILL win the runoffs.  I merely said, and I quote "We had a 55-car field and I managed to come away with the win both days (at VIR). That gives me a lot of confidence I can at least be in contention at Indy."

Well I won the PDX this weekend at Sebring with 45 cars including Vipers and Corvettes. So I think I am going to win :)

• Jim Drago, Nick Soriano, Tyler Kicera and 2 others like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

This was actually cool to see, congrats to you and Todd for the great finish!  Y'alls finish shows us that the level of talent in the Spec Miata community is at a very high level. It makes it sweeter that on a Grassroots motorsports interview, they asked John Dean about his thoughts on how Spec Miata has 70 car fields and the top 20 drivers are always within a second of eachother. And Dean's response is: "That is great and SM is a great class. However, if you took the top 20 guys in the country in Spec Miata, and they raced the MX5 cup ... they wouldn't even podium."

I am sure he has to say something like that to keep the mazda "ladder" alive, but I am glad to see you and Todd proved him wrong.  

• Todd Lamb, Jim Drago, Michael Novak and 5 others like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

This was actually cool to see, congrats to you and Todd for the great finish! Y'alls finish shows us that the level of talent in the Spec Miata community is at a very high level. It makes it sweeter that on a Grassroots motorsports interview, they asked John Dean about his thoughts on how Spec Miata has 70 car fields and the top 20 drivers are always within a second of eachother. And Dean's response is: "That is great and SM is a great class. However, if you took the top 20 guys in the country in Spec Miata, and they raced the MX5 cup ... they wouldn't even podium."

I am sure he has to say something like that to keep the mazda "ladder" alive, but I am glad to see you and Todd proved him wrong.

Thanks man...it was an awesome feeing to nearly come out on top on my first try (well, first weekend - who knows what I would have done in race 1 without the penalty).

I'm going to do a video that breaks down every aspect of the series from tech, the cars, practice, qualy, and the races. There's a lot that's different from SM, but there is also a lot that the SM guys would love. I'd like to see more guys make the transition...separate thread I suppose.
  • Jim Drago, Michael Novak, Danica Davison and 1 other like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

There's a lot that's different from SM, but there is also a lot that the SM guys would love. I'd like to see more guys make the transition...separate thread I suppose.

Different thread I suppose.. But for guys who have no interest in the ladder system or being "pro"  there seems a lot to spend and little gain from moving from Sm to Mx5 global.  We have as much competition as we can handle here in Sm.   

For those that want to continue their career and run pro, it is a great opportunity.. for those of us who just want to race in competitive fields not so much.  Maybe I am missing something.  

• Lee Thomas and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Different thread I suppose.. But for guys who have no interest in the ladder system or being "pro" there seems a lot to spend and little gain from moving from Sm to Mx5 global. We have as much competition as we can handle here in Sm.

For those that want to continue their career and run pro, it is a great opportunity.. for those of us who just want to race in competitive fields not so much. Maybe I am missing something.

Start a new thread and I'll post there.

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Start a new thread and I'll post there.

Man!!!! Danica was right about you, now you need a secretary too? :)  You can start a thread you know  :)

• Danny Steyn and Danica Davison like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Man!!!! Danica was right about you, now you need a secretary too? :) You can start a thread you know :)

hang on a minute! I'll try....never have

(edit) - that was easy!

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

(edit) - that was easy!

So easy that Kyle Webb can do it!

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99

So easy that Kyle Webb can do it!

That is phrase used around many cave dwellings :)

• mellen and Danica Davison like this

K. Webb