• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MotoFusi

MotoFusi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Car Year:2001

I had a fantastic time at Charlotte this weekend. Congrats to Michael Carter on his double wins! Jason Cannole on going 3/2. Great job. Senter Smith kicked some ass with a solid 4th.

My Friday test day was filled with fuel pump and brake problems but that's what a test day is for, right? A fun and challenging track as now there are two second gear turns, a right followed by a left getting back on the banking.

Sorted out for Qual on Saturday morning. Track was wet but drying. Qualed 7th out of 20. Best ever for me.

Started race one moved to 6th. Turn one, lap two I found myself confronted with a tire wall in the middle of the track. Dejavu from the ARRC. I didn't hit it like last time but spun missing it and did a double inside wall kiss. Restarted 17th and moved up to 9th at the end.

91 degrees with what felt like 150% humidity :) Second raced I battled with four cars the entire race. So much fun. I'm told I got to fourth but finished my best ever 6th.

Thanks to Elaine and Mike Rossini for all the help! Couldn't have raced without their help. Had a really great dinner at the 500 club there at the track. Thanks to the Connole's for the invite. Thanks to Senter for picking up my tab! A genuine great guy.

My prediction for NASCAR Charlotte Roval in 2018...........Carnage. One time thing.

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison and Keith Williamson like this

Randy Fusi

Not won diddley

Sponsored by no one

Coached by a guy Todd Lamb coaches

WWW.RandyFusi.XXX (under construction)

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Our fastest V8RRS member got down to within less than a second of the best time Aric Almirola turned testing his cup car there. The new course got good comments from all our drivers. SEDiv and CCR are scheduling a Majors/SARRC there in June so a good chance for all to run on it before NASCAR does. And it will be a part of the SEDiv new Divisional Championship races for 2018.

Make plans to be there.

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I hated the new layout during the damp Enduro qualifying. It was more fun in the dry during the Enduro race. I still like the old layout better. I agree with Randy, I don't know how 40+ stock cars will fair, either carnage or single file infield.

Good Lord it was humid. I never sweated so much during a race.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

The new course will make it harder for them to figure out fuel mileage and segment strategy. That's what most of the races have evolved to now. No body can run full throttle now. It's driving some of the driver nuts. They became race drivers to go as fast as possible and now they are told to run 1/3 throttle?

The infield at Charlotte has never been fun wet. Should hear what some of our V8 guys said about it when damp. And we did have a coming together that didn't end well for either car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users