• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

luvin_the_rings

luvin_the_rings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Car Year:1990

Good luck and God speed to those in the Bahamas, Cuba, and South Florida.  I will be praying for you and your families.  Please stay safe, and most of all stay dry.  I will be donating to your cause, as I did the Houston crowd.  Its easy to feel helpless here in California.  If anybody has any ideas of something us west coasters can do to help out, please post it below.  

• Cnj and Danica Davison like this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Good luck and God speed to those in the Bahamas, Cuba, and South Florida.  I will be praying for you and your families.  Please stay safe, and most of all stay dry.  I will be donating to your cause, as I did the Houston crowd.  Its easy to feel helpless here in California.  If anybody has any ideas of something us west coasters can do to help out, please post it below.

If irmageddan destroys our race tracks can we come out and race your cars on the cali tracks :)

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Pick your disaster. Still got Jose and Katia to come for now. Tis the season....

Mexico gets hit with their 8.1 earthquake moving their fault like 32 feet. A few more aftershocks ?

Wild fires raging out of control out west with Billions of dead trees from the drought.

You can come to CA and race whether your track are around or not.

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

To all my Florida friends, I hope you and your family stay safe and that you are able to get back to your homes with minimal damage. 

• mhiggins10 and Danica Davison like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

luvin_the_rings

luvin_the_rings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Car Year:1990

If all the tracks are destroyed, I'll be heading out there to repair and get them back up.  You can hang out in my Malibu beach house, and race my NA while I'm out east.  Might need a new transmission though.  lol. 

• Danica Davison likes this

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
Been talkin to several people in south Florida and everyone I have talked to is safe, but without power. I am up in jax beach so we have had wind and rain all day...but it supposed to get worse up here around 2am. Definitely not as bad as south Florida got it. Not worried too much except for there are some tornado cells working up on the east coast and headed right to jax in the next few hours . It's going to be a long night for most people in Florida. See y'all on the other side :)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Been talkin to several people in south Florida and everyone I have talked to is safe, but without power. I am up in jax beach so we have had wind and rain all day...but it supposed to get worse up here around 2am. Definitely not as bad as south Florida got it. Not worried too much except for there are some tornado cells working up on the east coast and headed right to jax in the next few hours . It's going to be a long night for most people in Florida. See y'all on the other side :)

Thankfully we had our own Danny Steyn doing play by play on FB :)  

From what I saw on the news, they were showing the smallest tree being down and blowing it out of proportion? Seems like lots of water and flooding, but didn't seem like that much wind damage?  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

That's good to hear.

You'll Jim got the end of Harvey (rain) and you'll get the end of Irma too?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

That's good to hear.

You'll Jim got the end of Harvey (rain) and you'll get the end of Irma too?

J~

Typical, we always get the leftovers :)

I was out of town when Harvey hit here.. We had a few limbs down and a lot of rain..  Looks like the same when Irma hits 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Thankfully we had our own Danny Steyn doing play by play on FB :)  
From what I saw on the news, they were showing the smallest tree being down and blowing it out of proportion? Seems like lots of water and flooding, but didn't seem like that much wind damage?

I think it depended on the area. Jax beach has a shit ton of wind and rain but no real flooding. But jax riverside (St John's river) and downtown still has a lot of flooding. Also a lot of flooding in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, and a lot of housing and business destruction in the keys, Naples, Miami, etc. Definitley a huge storm. Now it has moved north and is being very destructive in Charleston right now

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users