2 replies to this topic

Sphinx

Sphinx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1990

I noticed recently that my car is missing its mount - and it's been that way for a long time.  I wonder if this is a contributing factor to missed shifts.

Anyway, I found a spare one on my of extra transmissions, but it is a bit bent (holes don't line up).  Are the angles in it 90 degree bends?  (if so, I can put it on a vice and bend it back).  If not and I need to buy another one, looks like they are <$20 from Mazda.

Is there  any reason why this would have been left off intentionally?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Bend it and get the bracket in place. Check to make sure no cracks in the bracket corners. It was wrenched by a forget full person. :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Missed shifts can be due to your poor shifting, failing syncros, Poor shifter bushing, (frequently a problem) Or shifter problem. If you feel a slight grind when shifting and you sometimes miss the gear that is the syncro.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region
Chairman, SCCA Great Lakes Divisional Series Committee.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users