Agree. It's a spring so we need consistent parts. I don't care if it's single source as long as it's readily available, cost effective and of good quality and there is product support available. Usually in a single source agreement there is a price commitment too (unless you are the US Government buying helicopter parts from Russia for the Russian helicopters we donated to Afghanistan). Take tires for example. We use Hoosier's which are widely and readily available, of good quality, with good support and there is a negotiated price.
To reassure your thoughts:
- I don't care if it's single source as long as it's readily available
- Yes, we always try to keep ALL FCM kit components in good stock, from bump stops/foam pieces to the hardware in the kit (barring the rare production flub-up)
- cost effective
- Not initially set by us, and not something we breached due to it not being our invention as well as Mazdaspeed's involvement in selling it.
- good quality
- YES! All parts are proprietary (not off-the-shelf) and made in America
- Product support available
- DOUBLE YES! We always aim to provide the best customer service we can between my wife and I who run our company, and hope Mazdaspeed as well as our trusted dealers who also sell FCM kits supplied by us also provide adequate customer service.
Hope this helps. Not trying to make a sales pitch, just want to reassure and clarify when called upon :-)