Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Neohio SCCA
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:73

Because I was splitting my time between work and racing while at the Runoffs, I forgot to clear my video & data card before the Last Chance Qualifying race on Thursday.  If anyone has video they would like to share, I would like to try and piece together a video memory reel.  If you have footage that includes the Red & Yellow #73, I would be grateful.  Thanks,

Attached Files

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Look up "Jesse Singer Runoffs" .  But grab a few beers first because that is some of the most comical driving (on his part) that I have ever seen! I have no idea how he won, I thought he was going to wreck out about 10 times

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

https://youtu.be/b8ddDxCbK6k and https://youtu.be/KuGsQUuRi9o

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

bvondran

bvondran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Car Year:1990

Look up "Jesse Singer Runoffs" . But grab a few beers first because that is some of the most comical driving (on his part) that I have ever seen! I have no idea how he won, I thought he was going to wreck out about 10 times

Well he did have contact twice before turn 1, once in the the #65(?) who appeared to get brake checked on the start and once to my right rear under braking for turn 1. In all fairness, I believe he was helped into my right rear by the silver #90.

Here’s my video (which is also posted in the other Runoffs video thread):

Thanks,
Brian

Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Look up "Jesse Singer Runoffs" .  But grab a few beers first because that is some of the most comical driving (on his part) that I have ever seen! I have no idea how he won, I thought he was going to wreck out about 10 times

Thanks John (Danica).  I did watch Jesse's video.  It is a "wild ride"!

• Danica Davison likes this

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Well he did have contact twice before turn 1, once in the the #65(?) who appeared to get brake checked on the start and once to my right rear under braking for turn 1. In all fairness, I believe he was helped into my right rear by the silver #90.

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks Brian, great drive (until you last oops)!  You can be sure I'll include the segment where we were eye-ball to eye-ball.  See you soon!

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

Raw Knuckles

Raw Knuckles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Thanks Will!

Bob MacDonald

Raw Knuckles Racing

Neohio Region SCCA

Impact Communications

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Thanks John (Danica).  I did watch Jesse's video.  It is a "wild ride"!

https://youtu.be/lw9Ktg4lSuA

Oh we know all about him. He was on probation during the runoffs too for what he did to me a month before the runoffs ^

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

-P-

-P-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:31

Oh we know all about him. He was on probation during the runoffs too for what he did to me a month before the runoffs ^

Reminded me of: https://youtu.be/vIxSSbjz1k8?t=7

Shaffer

SM #31 - Texas

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Wow...I don't know him.  I raced a lot with him during Friday's race.  No issues.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Dude, let go of that steering wheel before impact!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Thanks,
Brian

that view sitting backwards on the track watching all of the cars barrel down on you is not a good view at all :( I have seen it before myself!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Dude, let go of that steering wheel before impact!

I have always known this is what you are supposed to do before impact ... but I learned it is a lot easier said than done. This was really my first major impact of any kind in racing and it happened very quickly ... before it went VERY slowly when I went airborne.  I realized after I hit the wall that my hands were still on the wheel and quickly took them off, but luckily, I walked away with zero injury or soreness, including my hands and wrists.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Truly the first driver I ever viewed to remove her hands from the steering wheel was your namesake. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

I have always known this is what you are supposed to do before impact ... but I learned it is a lot easier said than done. This was really my first major impact of any kind in racing and it happened very quickly ... before it went VERY slowly when I went airborne. I realized after I hit the wall that my hands were still on the wheel and quickly took them off, but luckily, I walked away with zero injury or soreness, including my hands and wrists.

You just need more practice. ;)

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

You just need more practice. ;)

I hope to not practice again anytime soon :)

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Truly the first driver I ever viewed to remove her hands from the steering wheel was your namesake.

Well, to be fair ... she has the most experience than probably anyone.

Does

Anyone

Notice

I

Crash

A lot

• tylerbrown and Preston Pardus like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Number:60

How many times do you early apex and go off leading onto the front/longest straight before you figure you might want to adjust your line?  Stopped watching after about the 3rd time in a row.  :wacko:  :blink:  :scratchchin:

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

How many times do you early apex and go off leading onto the front/longest straight before you figure you might want to adjust your line?  Stopped watching after about the 3rd time in a row.  :wacko:  :blink:  :scratchchin:

My favorite time is when he early apexed T13 and went off (again) which screwed the other guy up ... and then he asks for a push. Classic.  :rotfl: 

• William Keeling and Todd Green like this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users