Erik Hardy

Erik Hardy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:39

Please use SFI padding everywhere possible people!!

During a crash, the metal only gets closer to you and your neck/belts stretch more than you would think. The same can be said for the seat itself and belt anchor points, specifically the 5/6 mounting points.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Belt stretch.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I believe it’s only needed where you’re head can hit so with the containment seat it’s not needed

I am not sure this is correct, I think it has to be in place anywhere where you body can hit, including arms and legs, Do this for you not the rule book.

• Preston Pardus likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Two smack threads killed by safety talk. Not that safety isn’t important but let’s stay on topic or move these to their own thread.
  • Danica Davison likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Great job Chris, Paul, and Balakey!  And also congrats to Kevin Beaver on the SMSE win!

No great job to you spencer, you suck.

• Jim Drago, Richard Astacio and lillyweld like this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I wish we could have seen the race.. Blake, Paul and Chris usually don't post videos.  Looking at the pictures.. Wondering how the last lap played out? Did Holton have the and protect the inside at 10? Chris got a run up the hill? Side by side in 10?  Looking at the pictures it looks like Paul was a FULL two wheels over curb at 12, not sure why. The Monday morning QB in me is wondering if that cost more than .002 at the line?  :sorry:  

Lots of people bust Holtons chops because he is well funded and a very good looking kid. A few have had run ins with him on track, FWIW The guy has always raced me very clean and he has been quick in a rental car that up until recently was not as good as the cars he was racing.  I doubt any of the others in top 5 yesterday would have traded cars with him

Jim

• Tom OPM and Richard Astacio like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:CKR
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:#04

Great job Chris, Paul, and Balakey! And also congrats to Kevin Beaver on the SMSE win!

No great job to you spencer, you suck.

well that’s not very nice
  • racerbeav likes this
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
do I at least get a mazdaracers award for ARRC fast lap or a would have won but the car broke?
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

do I at least get a mazdaracers award for ARRC fast lap or a would have won but the car broke?

^Kid wins one race and thinks he is Tyler Kicera

• tylerbrown likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

I wish we could have seen the race.. Blake, Paul and Chris usually don't post videos.  Looking at the pictures.. Wondering how the last lap played out? Did Holton have the and protect the inside at 10? Chris got a run up the hill? Side by side in 10?  Looking at the pictures it looks like Paul was a FULL two wheels over curb at 12, not sure why. The Monday morning QB in me is wondering if that cost more than .002 at the line?  :sorry:  
Lots of people bust Holtons chops because he is well funded and a very good looking kid. A few have had run ins with him on track, FWIW The guy has always raced me very clean and he has been quick in a rental car that up until recently was not as good as the cars he was racing.  I doubt any of the others in top 5 yesterday would have traded cars with him
Jim

Corner worker working T10 was giving me updates. Haldeman made the pass going into T10. Holton got the run on the exit on the inside.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Award and new avitar picture given :)

• Tom Hampton, Armando Ramirez, tylerbrown and 6 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Hahahahaha yes!
  • lillyweld likes this

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

that's some funny sh*t, right there!
  • Jim Drago likes this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

lillyweld

lillyweld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Spencer, Spencer, Spencer . . . you've been around here long enough to know that you must be very careful about what you ask for.  :lol:  For example, Danica . . .

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

Cooper Lilly

#69 Spec Miata

Henderson, Kentucky

sentercut

sentercut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:55

Congrats to Chris on the Victory, and Paul, and Blake as well. Great racing. I wonder how bad that race hurt Chris with all of his injuries from Sebring. 

Spencer, great race as well. It seems that being there in that front pack/group is a huge step. Well done, bummer on the mechanical.

Would love to see some more video if anyone has any.

Senter Smith

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Congrats to Chris on the Victory, and Paul, and Blake as well. Great racing. I wonder how bad that race hurt Chris with all of his injuries from Sebring. 

Spencer, great race as well. It seems that being there in that front pack/group is a huge step. Well done, bummer on the mechanical.

Would love to see some more video if anyone has any.

Id also like to see what happened i dropped out 

Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

people keep saying how strong my car looked which it is a hell of a lot stronger than it use to be but a big part of that was how well planted my car was in the turns. so I've got to give a big thanks to Kyle for the set up help i put trust in him doing a setup that's different from what i'm use to running and it seemed to really pay off even though i screwed it up a couple times. it seems like a lot of people doubted his setup which i could see why since he doesn't do it much justice but my car was on rails. 

Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

but my car was on rails.

Jeff Labounty always says, "If your car is on rails ... then you aren't driving hard enough!"

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Jeff Labounty always says, "If your car is on rails ... then you aren't driving hard enough!"

I agree I probably had more but after the test day scare I wanted to play it safe
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Bummer of a finish.  Do you know what failed electrically? 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users