Photo

Runoffs Champ Joins SCCA as Road Racing Technical Mng.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

medium.jpg?1510854480

TOPEKA, Kan. (Nov. 16, 2017) - Rick Harris, a 15-year member of Sports Car Club of America® and the 2008 F Production National Champion, will join the SCCA national staff beginning Dec. 1 as the Road Racing Technical Manager.

In his new role, Harris will be based in Topeka, Kansas and be responsible for managing member communications related to SCCA Road Racing rules and specifications.  He will support and oversee member inquiries and the rule request processes, as well as work closely with and support the Club Racing Board.  Harris will also be charged with developing and presenting training programs for scrutineers, and manage at-track compliance visits as required.

“I am super excited to join the SCCA Road Racing Staff,” said Harris, who has raced in SCCA’s Spec Miata, F Production and now the E Production class.  “It’s very humbling to be professionally involved in one of my hobbies. I have been a car guy my entire life having owned over fifty automobiles since I was 16 years old. I can’t wait to get started on this new adventure and serve my fellow racers.”

While living in the Boulder, Colorado area the last several years, Harris has worked as Director and Senior Director for Seagate Technologies and Dot Hill Systems, companies on the leading edge of cloud data storage technology.  There, he was responsible for providing leadership and organizational structure to the entire Cloud Systems Support Team servicing three platforms, and offered strategic guidance to cross-functional teams that delivered resolutions to customer issues.  Before that employment, Harris spent a decade working in Wichita, Kansas, for NETApp/LSI Corporation as a Director and Senior Manager of Global Technical Support Services, Facilities Executive, and a Technical Support Sr. Manager.  His Information Technologies career began in 1994 at IBM as an Operations/Technical Support Manager.

Eric Prill, SCCA’s Vice President and COO, noted that John Bauer, who has served dual roles in the SCCA competition and information technology departments since 2014, will now focus more on IT projects moving forward while remaining closely aligned to each of SCCA’s competition programs.

“The addition of Rick to the team and the revised role for John gives the national office a great start to 2018,” Prill said. “As the Club and motorsports industry evolves, so too do staffing needs. Rick’s professional background in leading support service teams will be a great fit for the SCCA as our primary focus is to serve member needs.”

Sports Car Club of America®, Inc., founded in 1944, is a 67,500-member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both Club and professional levels. With headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, the SCCA annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 116 Regions and subsidiary divisions. Much of the SCCA’s activities are made possible with support from the following Official Partners: Chevrolet, the Official Truck of the SCCA; Hawk Performance, the Official Brake Products of SCCA; Mobil 1, the Official Oil of SCCA; Sunoco, the Official Fuel of SCCA; and Tire Rack, the Official Tire Retailer of SCCA. To learn more, please visit www.scca.com.

Photo: Rick Harris, SCCA’s new Road Racing Technical Manager

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Met Rick several years ago, neat racer dude. Have fun at your new undertaking.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users