Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Congratulations to the all the podium drivers this weekend in a deep field.  Congrats especially to my guys Preston and Todd on their podiums. Had a good weekend with Erik,Todd, Spencer and Jeff who was on loan from Atl Speedwerks :)   Good times at the track as many of us stayed there.

As far as my weekend, got most of the bugs worked out of new car although it is still settling and moving a bit and not holding a setup very well. The car is really good, as good or better than my last which is good news. I managed to get the pole and the two fastest laps in that qualifying session and fastest race lap on Saturday, which was good news moving forward. Not much else went all that well after that. We finished P5 on Saturday , but the car would not turn right. So I was not much help to those in front of me and I was hanging on a lot. 

As far as Sunday went. I feel I had the best car in the field and was in position to fight for the win. Unfortunately I was on the shitty end of the stick several times, none malicious, none intentional but all were costly with the last sending me into the tire wall backwards at 60-70 mph. No real structural damage, but the new beautiful car is very ugly now and quite honestly, I am not too happy about it as it should never have happened. 

The next few races should be interesting ;)

• Danica Davison, Richard Astacio, lillyweld and 1 other like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
facebook live curse is real.
  • Jim Drago likes this

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

Our weekend was full of ups and downs.  I started off breaking in my new X-Factor motor on test day only to find the trans had some drag.  After test day we changed that and things seemed to be ok during Friday, although my AFR was still mid to low 11's.  Fuel pressure on my dash appeared to be right where it should be, so I didn't think much of it.  The group I was in for Q2 just didn't have the pace and I only ended up P11 combined (despite everyone being at the top in Q1).  I knew I had my work cut out for me and just chocked it up to bad qualifying strategy. 

In Race 1 it became apparent that I did indeed have an issue.  I had a problem pulling up to anyone in the draft earlier in the weekend, but now it was just insane getting walked by 10+ car lengths down each long straight.  On the start I ran side by side with Stearns through 3/4/5 and next thing I knew Elivan was spearing my driver's side door. I managed to continue with only cosmetic damage.  I had Connole and Henderson working with me at different points and when I had their push could make up ground on those in front.  On the last lap I found myself in 4th on Haldeman's rear bumper, but just got walked down the back straight and passed by Drago/Pardus.  I gave a "push me wave" for the hell of it, but knew that wasn't happening.  I ended up 6th after a hard-fought race.  Afterward, we found the pressure sending unit was faulty and I was in fact running 72psi of fuel pressure...yes, I said 72psi.  I think this may have been a problem during the race all the way back at Indy.  We dialed it in as good as we could and crossed our fingers for Race 2.      

My lap time from Race 1 bumped me up to 9th for Race 2.  I got a decent start and was 7th after lap 1.  Then, in Southbend the pack ahead got slowed by what appeared to be Buras and Goring getting together.  This killed everyone's run and I managed to leap up to 3rd entering Oak Tree.  Just ahead, Carter missed his 3-4 shift as I nearly hit him.  With Drago behind me, we pushed Buras around for a lap.  On the next lap, Drago passed me on the back straight which bumped me back a spot to third.  Haldeman gave me a great push down the front straight as Buras/Drago split.  Well inside of Drago under braking and while turning in to apex, I get a nudge from behind.  It was just enough to push me into Jim and push him wide (Sorry again Jim).  From there, Haldeman, Steyn and I worked well together to settle in for a handful of laps.  It worked out that on the last lap Buras made his way up to second when a lap car got in the way in Turn 5.  I backed up to him in Oak Tree and thought for sure he would pop on me down the back straight.  Once he didn't, I knew he was saving his shot for the run out of HogPen.  It was almost enough as he got to my left rear wheel.

It was a great ending to what was otherwise a frustrating weekend.  Thanks again to Chris Haldeman for helping me sort out my mechanical issues.  It was a blast hanging out Saturday night with Drago, Buras, Haldeman, P$, Henderson, Soufi, Connole, and others.  I'll post my Sunday video as soon as I get some downtime to edit.  

• Jim Drago, Danica Davison, Richard Astacio and 2 others like this

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Sat Race Video interview

https://www.scca.com/videos/2034666

Sun

https://www.scca.com/videos/2034689

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

As drivers, we all know what makes Spec Miata such a popular class. Its the close exciting wheel to wheel racing, but this weekend it was taken to another level. Here is the video from Race 2 where the Top NINE are touching bumpers coming into the final turn after 25 minutes of wheel to wheel racing. AMAZING! Features all the usual suspects including Tyler Kicera, Chris Haldeman, Michael Carter, Preston Pardus, Todd Buras, Jim Drago, Jonathan Goring, Elivan Goulart, Dillon Machavern, Brian Henderson and more.

• BNaumann likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Spencer Rutherford

Spencer Rutherford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Region:CKR
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:#04

https://youtu.be/_DQylR0oh94

• Richard Astacio likes this
Spencer Rutherford
Eaststreet Racing
overconfidence award - Given to those who think they are better than the sum of their results We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tyler Kicera

Tyler Kicera

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:PA
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:44

http://youtu.be/O9NM29v620w

Tyler Kicera  |  YouTube 

2016 NASA Eastern States Champion

2015 & 2016 US Majors Tour National Points Champion

2015 & 2016 Northeast Majors Tour Conference Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:42

First off, congrats to the winners from both days! Very hard racing both days, I got shuffled to the back very early in both races so it made my races extremely tough. Here's video from Race #2, Race #1 should be uploaded in the morning!

• Danny Steyn, JRHille, Danica Davison and 1 other like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users