Jason J Ball

Jason J Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:15

We are working on the wrong problem. We waste most countries’ GDPs on our highway transportation system that is ridiculously expensive to build, maintain and replace. If we spent some real engineering and economic effort bringing three dimensional travel to our masses think of all the carbon credits we could save from the lack of traffic alone.

Just imagine if we had a high speed railway system interconnecting every city. My wife and I wouldn't have to fight over flying or driving anymore!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

Mr. Drago, my girl is fast nine and in the works tomorrow for the pole. I'd say that's exceptional for being out of open wheel cars for 7 years. What say ye? The other female drive has the Indy Blues, bumped from the field. :yep:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Mr. Drago, my girl is fast nine and in the works tomorrow for the pole. I'd say that's exceptional for being out of open wheel cars for 7 years. What say ye? The other female drive has the Indy Blues, bumped from the field. :yep:

Very impressed with Danica in 2007 or 2008 at Chicagoland Speedway in an Indy car.  1.5 mile, well banked and she was dicing wheel to wheel with the leaders.  Impressed with her that day and I think she was always better in open wheel cars than she was in NASCAR.  Maybe a career mistake on her part to leave Indy cars although she made a lot of money in NASCAR.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

My opinion has not changed.. I have nothing against Danica. She is talented, but got many breaks bc of her looks and the fact that she is a woman. thats the way the world works, not her fault or her problem. But IMO, she is like so many talented drivers. She is very good, but not as talented as the best people in her sport, a cold reality, but the truth. In terms of professional race car drivers, in both Indy car over the course of her career and Nascar, she has been below average in VERY good equipment. She was the slowest of the three on her team as well. She is in good equipment and is a "good" driver. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

She was the slowest of the three on her team as well.

And her car owner was the fastest of the three cars he owns as it should be, right. :bigsquaregrin:

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

And her car owner was the fastest of the three cars he owns as it should be, right. :bigsquaregrin:

We finally agree :)

• Jason J Ball likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

She is talented, but got many breaks bc of her looks and the fact that she is a woman.

She also gets the most hate spewed at her because of her gender. Name another pro driver that gets as much mean-spirited shit.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Her gender is also very frequently used alongside of her career in motorsports to help market,  so I guess it has to work both ways. 

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

How come Danica 2 is not commenting?

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

She also gets the most hate spewed at her because of her gender. Name another pro driver that gets as much mean-spirited shit.

Kyle Busch (oh wait she is a girl too)

• Jim Drago likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Dale Earnhardt Junior?  Always being criticized for never living up to fathers name.  Constantly said by many that he is only there because of his father and is just an average driver.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

But yes, of course I am a Danica fan. After all, she does have warm dinner prepared for when I get home late every night from Pickleball. 

And yes, she does get negative attention for being a female. But, she also gets positive attention too, as what Hille pointed out. There is nobody, I emphasize, NOBODY, that has done more for women in motorsports than Danica has.  You may think she is whiney, but so are all of those other silver spoon punks.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

NOBODY, that has done more for women in motorsports than Danica has. 

Are you doing your best Millennial imitation ?

You feel this way because she did NASCAR ?

https://en.wikipedia...i/Janet_Guthrie

https://en.wikipedia...i/Lyn_St._James

J~

• Dave Cox likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

LOL! Ask any young girl or woman who Janet Guthrie is. Now, ask them who Danica Patrick is.

Before Danica Patrick, I am willing to bet an overwhelming majority had no idea that women could race in the NASCAR. Now, they do.

John Davison
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Comparing Patrick to Guthrie and St James is like comparing Johnson to Petty. 21st century to 20th century. :bigsquaregrin: Not that Danica 2 required any help.

On the real funny side of Danica.  At the Milwaukee Mile during qualifying Dixon IIRC chopped her off entering T1, she spun in the grass and keep on going. After qualifying she wasted no time strutting quickly in Danica style getting to Dixon's pit. About all she could do is verbally let him have it.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

LOL! Ask any young girl or woman who Janet Guthrie is. Now, ask them who Danica Patrick is.

Before Danica Patrick, I am willing to bet an overwhelming majority had no idea that women could race in the NASCAR. Now, they do.

The word used was NOBODY, sounding like my daughter used in a fight, "you always", "you never", "everyone does", etc....

So Janet and Lynn had NOTHING to do? Janet failed the indy 500 qual (open wheel) and went to race in NASCAR that weekend and finished 15th. (it was on this past weekend tv)

Sold out the track in one day (that day she qual) when they were way short of selling out. Different time so you have to ask mothers now.

So girls know who Danica is, ok, it's not like she sponsored anyone, right ?

I guess you have to define "done" (more for the sport)

Just put the list down below of what she done all the girls, I'll wait......................................................

1) Inspired

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

2) Qualified in year 2018 for Indy at a 4 lap average of 228.090 mph. 

3) Earned a living racing cars for many years. And likely set for life without further work if she chose. Read the whole wikipedia and compare to your girls. 

https://en.wikipedia.../Danica_Patrick

• Danica Davison likes this

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

My opinion has not changed.. I have nothing against Danica. She is talented, but got many breaks bc of her looks and the fact that she is a woman. thats the way the world works, not her fault or her problem. But IMO, she is like so many talented drivers. She is very good, but not as talented as the best people in her sport, a cold reality, but the truth. In terms of professional race car drivers, in both Indy car over the course of her career and Nascar, she has been below average in VERY good equipment. She was the slowest of the three on her team as well. She is in good equipment and is a "good" driver. 

Ummm.... how about second rate drivers like Michael Waltrip that couldn't win if you handed him a trophy?!  Best marketer in the business.  Seriously, Danica is a second rate driver but she is being held to a way higher standard than the other 30 second-rate drivers on any given weekend.

• mellen, Danica Davison, Steve Scheifler and 1 other like this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

2) Qualified in year 2018 for Indy at a 4 lap average of 228.090 mph. 

3) Earned a living racing cars for many years. And likely set for life without further work if she chose. Read the whole wikipedia and compare to your girls. 
https://en.wikipedia.../Danica_Patrick

That’s great, and girl power if anyone is counting.
How many top ten does in nascar does Janet has ??

It should be the driver not the sex, unless you’re looking for a sexy poster.
1977 I’m nascar with no power steering for 500 miles, impressive.
J~

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=cwIx01hI8HE
  • Johnny D likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic