Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

That’s great, and girl power if anyone is counting.
How many top ten does in nascar does Janet has ??

It should be the driver not the sex, unless you’re looking for a sexy poster.
1977 I’m nascar with no power steering for 500 miles, impressive.
J~

My point was ... yes we can all give Danicant shit for not performing up to her hype, but she has still done so much for the sport. And, you wont see the affect she has until the next 5-10 years when all the girls she inspired, are old enough to get behind the wheel of a car and not a go-kart. I expect in 5-10 years, we will have a winning female driver in the Nascar Cup Series.

• mellen likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Ummm.... how about second rate drivers like Michael Waltrip that couldn't win if you handed him a trophy?!  Best marketer in the business.  Seriously, Danica is a second rate driver but she is being held to a way higher standard than the other 30 second-rate drivers on any given weekend.

Apples and oranges...

My post is/was talking about Danica and her accomplishments and only as a rebuttal to when people start to claim how good, great and or accomplished her career is/was, you fill in the blank.   Bringing up other mediocre drivers doesn't change the fact she is in fact VERY mediocre. If she was a man, she would have likely never made it to Indy car and 100% would have never made it to Nascar.  I don't dislike her, I'm not being sexist.. I think Simona and a few other females are more deserving, but Danica is better looking and American. Racing unlike stick and ball sports,  the best and most talented aren't always those who make it to the top. Neither this post or the previous post were anything but fact.. not sure how anyone can really disagree. She is more talented than 90-95% of all of us, but in the top series, in the best equipment, she is generally not competitive and runs around in mid pack or worse. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Bringing up other mediocre drivers doesn't change the fact she is in fact VERY mediocre.

Jim, in your business world, do you sell race cars and parts to only those above your value of, VERY mediocre? Surely cuts down the customer base. :bigsquaregrin:

Peoples Choice, very COOL, how about #Danicant. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Danica could very likely win the Indy 500 this year. She has as good of a shot as anyone in the field. Plain old luck is as big of a factor at Indy as skill.

I was at IMS last weekend for qualifying. There was a pack of young girls everywhere Danica went. Good on her.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

Marketing value and being good at business is more necessary than driving capability in top level racing these days. Just take a look at the Williams F1 Team for an extreme example of how secondary driving skill is compared to $$$ lol.

http://jenkinsracing.com

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Jim, in your business world, do you sell race cars and parts to only those above your value of, VERY mediocre? Surely cuts down the customer base. :bigsquaregrin:

Peoples Choice, very COOL, how about #Danicant. 

I don't remember saying she shouldn't be there or anything against the free market society :)  Simply talent and she is not competitive at the top level of motorsports

And no, she has no chance of winning Indy... none!  her odds are 25:1,  i'll give 35:1 to anyone interested. 

Again, simply debating ability, she is just not that good, end of story. 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Dani has no chance of winning?! None?!

What were Sato's odds last year? What were Rossi's odds 2016?

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

I don't remember saying she shouldn't be there or anything against the free market society :)  Simply talent and she is not competitive at the top level of motorsports

And no, she has no chance of winning Indy... none!  her odds are 25:1,  i'll give 35:1 to anyone interested. 

Again, simply debating ability, she is just not that good, end of story. 

I'll take Danica for $1.  Not because I think she'll win but I like the odds.  Just $1 as I don't want you to get hurt if she pulls it off.  Deal? 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

FYI, She was born in Beloit wisconsin, the home of Advanced Autosports and grew up in Roscoe Illinois, same town that I currently live in.

I'll put a dollar on the homey girl.

• screaming monkey likes this

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

COVERED ON BOTH.. 

I'll expect a brat on both of you at the Sprints :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Deal

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

If I were to bet you $1,000 would you pay up with a new ESR SM?

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

And then it got interesting....

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

yup, send the thousand

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

It's tempting

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

It's tempting

It is.. and I would sweat it...  but in the end, you know you are losing that $1000 :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:10

Wait what .... so if Danica wins ... then Drago has to build a brand new SM fo freee? Oh shittt this made the race worth watching now.

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

COVERED ON BOTH.. 

I'll expect a brat on both of you at the Sprints :)

Whatever you can get on the $1 menu at the Plymouth McDonalds.  I don't think they offer brats even in Wisconsin. 

• Jim Drago likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

It's tempting

Comes with a 1099 though. 

• Jim Drago and Danica Davison like this

OrangeCrush86

OrangeCrush86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Region:Minnesota

It's tempting

Very tempting indeed. Halfsies?

http://jenkinsracing.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users