Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:10

Now we're talking, the other 90 cars on track won't know what to do with themselves with all these Miata's whooping up on them. LOL!

They are going to be pissed and be like "Damnit, I joined ChumpCar to get away from all those damn Miatas!"

• John Wilding likes this

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danica Davison

Danica Davison

Always the bridesmaid never the bride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Car Number:10

We need Halderman (and the rest of Texas), Steyn, Drago, Advanced, Flatout (WHOLE GROUP), Rest of OPM Group to get some cars built----only Miatas :) ready for the Sebring New Years. I am sure I missed a few others.... so add your names to the list.

So here is the call out.....

That would be the perfect weekend honestly because it is a week before the homestead majors and two weeks before Sebring. Just put the chump on the trailer!

John Davison
Autotechnik Racing / 5x Racing
2016 - Central Florida Region Champion
2017 - The People's Champion
2017 - President of DSFC
#itcouldbeyou

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Car Number:42

Like everyone has already stated, if you haven't tried an event yet, you are really missing out! Linked a highlight reel from this year's Daytona event. Beautiful spring morning and afternoon turned into a rainy night...

• 38bfast and Danica Davison like this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73

We need Halderman (and the rest of Texas), Steyn, Drago, Advanced, Flatout (WHOLE GROUP), Rest of OPM Group to get some cars built----only Miatas :) ready for the Sebring New Years. I am sure I missed a few others.... so add your names to the list.

So here is the call out.....

So I am pretty sure I am joining you and Todd for vir!! But I’ll add rest assured Texas has some brutally fast and fuel efficient cars ready for the call out.
  • steveracer, Michael Novak, 38bfast and 2 others like this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

slammed200

slammed200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1994

Like everyone has already stated, if you haven't tried an event yet, you are really missing out! Linked a highlight reel from this year's Daytona event. Beautiful spring morning and afternoon turned into a rainy night...

Awesome recap video, I've been meaning to make it down to Daytona one of these years!  Renting a seat would be easiest at this point being in Indy

As for endurance racing, Thing 3 Racing has been running a Miata quite successfully for a while and has a few tricks we've learned.  I won't share everything but a few tips:

Brakes: Raybestos ST42 are the best in tradeoff for wear and modulation, crazy good and Wendy at Porterfield is awesome, tell her I sent you

Tires: Hankook RS4 are where it's at, 205 on 8s or 225 on 9s depending on your power and the track

Aero: Simple airdam and splitter with a lexan rear spoiler make a good bit of difference on both drag and grip (think PTE)

Marker lights: use nice bright brake and marker lights, adding bits on the sides even so other drivers see you. Forward lights as well

Gauges: used for diagnostics really, put a series of warning lights in a hood for the driver to see, otherwise they often forget to check

Cool shirt: cooler filled with half ice and half frozen gel packs last forever, a cool-a-clava is awesome as well

Hubs: repack every other weekend or every weekend in the rain. Nothing available for sale yet... has proven to be better

That's all for now, I will say too though

WRL - GP3 is a great group to run with, some real enduro Miatas there to see how you stack up

AER - Class 2 likely, even some pro talent running around and always a great 3-day race weekend with practice/qualifying on Friday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users