BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Region:DET
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:67
From looking at the payout schedule (both hard charger award and Group B payout) it looks like Group B race doesn't happen until 95 entries. When I entered I counted 91 discrete entries - unfortunately I think there will be more cancellations than new sign ups at the now $2000 price.

Worst case (since it would include me) they put the over-limit entries into another qualifying session.

Was hoping this would be bigger than Indy.

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

25 per mile is what I've always heard with SCCA. I would imagine every track has a say or their own policy. Doesn't SCCA have a policy by which they will push the envelope by maybe 10% depending on the situation? Unless Lemons doesn't count as racing we certainly know some tracks don't care or allow more cars given a specific event.(per mile)

SCCA GCR says "Division Executive Steward" can change the 25/mi limit. Hopefully NASA can do something similar if we are talking <5 cars.
  • Ron Alan likes this

BNaumann

BNaumann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

I just want enough cars for their to be a group B race and I crowned King of the Larrys.

Lol my goal at Indy was victory donuts on the yard of bricks but I screwed it up when I qualified 60th (last one to avoid the LCQ).
  • lillyweld likes this

jpsomner

jpsomner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:LA

Regarding the fuel issue, I ran this by a friend at a tuning shop. Reply as follows (pretty much what Jim predicted): 

Regarding E0, the effect of switching from E10 (we usually measure e8-e9 at the pump in SoCal) is minimal.  The effect on mixture will be to make a car tuned on E10 run about 3% richer when switching to E0 fuel.  This is assuming that both fuels have the same specific gravity which may not be the case as the C9 is listed at 0.718 and most pump gas with ethanol runs between 0.7 and 0.77.  If the specific gravity of the E10 fuel is higher than the C9 the net effect on mixture could be even less.

In short, the mixture difference should be quite small such that most will not notice it.  If you are concerned about it and have an adjustable regulator, dropping the regulator pressure by 5% or so will take care of the difference (about 2-3 psi on most port injected cars).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users