Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

You asked what makes the AllView different, just offering my experience (also forgot that I'd already posted in the thread, heh).  By all means use whatever mirror you like best.  From Dave's post, sounds like it isn't just Hoerr who is having issues.  Hopefully it gets sorted out.

NASA Utah SM Series Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Region:Sopac

The best mirror I've used, sad to say, is a cheapy 8.95 clip on mirror from Walmart. I think Pep Boys has something similar. I tried the LA mirror and could never get it positioned right and then killed it with the helmet. Before that I tried a wink but could never get used to it. Scared myself silly. I zip tie the clip on mirror in place over the stock mirror in case the 'clips' fail and call it a day. The 11.75 length works just great in the Miata and isn't nearly as susceptible to helmet collisions. 

http://www.walmart.c...Mirror/17805972

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

We used to sell a bunch of AllView, cant get any longer...  Try them direct.

A customer returned one of those long Longacre convex.  I tossed it in the new car to just have something and it works well.  I positioned it fiirther to the right so there are no helmet issues.  I'm happy with it.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users