iRacing Miata Promo - 2 Free Months!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests
Sign up with iRacing, the latest Spec Miata / Mazda Racers Advertiser and receive 2 Months FREE! visit http://www.iRacing.com/miata for more details and to sign up today!

KevinB

KevinB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys. Any questions/comments/issues regarding iRacing, or simulations for that matter, let me know.

Kevin
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
Any promotions for existing iRacing users or drivers displaying your vinyl?

Kevin, what series are you running these days? Have we met? ( :
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Great having iRacing on board, some of the best racing you can do outside the real cockpit.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Lee Tilton

Lee Tilton

I wanna go faster!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Region:WDC - NASA Mid-Atl
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:04
I'm getting ready to subscribe and was wondering what tracks are included in the Miata promo offer?
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
You get Summit Main & Jeff., LRP, Laguna and a few more.
Need more?
Figure to spend at least $100 on tracks and cars if you get hooked.

Bought WGI, Sebring, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Road America, Spa, VIR so far.
Lance probably has them all.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Subscribed today. Man what a visual experience. I keep running off the track looking at the scenery. Okay, some of that may be due to poor technique. But, on max quality the graphics are just stunning! I've played a lot of sims, and have a pretty decent rig. I'm getting 60 fps at max-q. I've never seen a sim with such stunning graphics.

The sense of speed is quite a bit less than the rfactor based games (GTR, GTR2, GTREVO, rfactor, etc). I think its more realistic, but it takes some getting used to. I spent the entire day at LRP, in the mx-5 cup car...totally decadent day. I'm still struggling to put together an entire practice session without going 4-off.

Makes me want to find a donor car and build a sim around a tub. ....stop it....must....build....real...car....

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Lee Tilton

Lee Tilton

I wanna go faster!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Region:WDC - NASA Mid-Atl
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:04
Thanks Muda. I need VIR as that, and Summit, are the two tracks I primarily race at.

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

You get Summit Main & Jeff., LRP, Laguna and a few more.
Need more?
Figure to spend at least $100 on tracks and cars if you get hooked.

Bought WGI, Sebring, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Road America, Spa, VIR so far.
Lance probably has them all.

Don't have em all,just the popular ones:

Daytona
Barber
Spa
Homestead
Sears Point
Mid-O
Mosport
Phillip Island
Road America
Road Atlanta
Sebring
VIR
WGI
Zandvoort

Depending on what you are lookin to do you can drop some pretty decent cash for content BUT in my case I'm running the Mustang Cup and Grand-Am series along with a private series... the above tracks are used a good bit from series to series. I also have the Mustang, DP, Corvette, Ozzie V8 and Radical. Got the DP, Vette, Ozzie V8 and Radical because of the amount of multi-class racing I do. Plus it opens up more options as many hosted sessions will have 3 cars. The bang for the buck gets better and better the more you use the content. Don't piecemeal the content, buy it all at once if you are gonna do it.. you get a rather nice reduction in price for 6+ cars/tracks. It all depends on how hooked you get.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Easy to get hooked.
You can even practice getting hip checked going into the Coaster at VIR.
Just like the real thing.
Right Lance? :rolleyes:

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Number:05

Subscribed today. Man what a visual experience. I keep running off the track looking at the scenery. Okay, some of that may be due to poor technique. But, on max quality the graphics are just stunning! I've played a lot of sims, and have a pretty decent rig. I'm getting 60 fps at max-q. I've never seen a sim with such stunning graphics.

The sense of speed is quite a bit less than the rfactor based games (GTR, GTR2, GTREVO, rfactor, etc). I think its more realistic, but it takes some getting used to. I spent the entire day at LRP, in the mx-5 cup car...totally decadent day. I'm still struggling to put together an entire practice session without going 4-off.

Makes me want to find a donor car and build a sim around a tub. ....stop it....must....build....real...car....

So is that with your dial-up or the cell phone? Glad to see it is working for you. I heard they shoot the scenery around the track with a Hi-Def camera from many angles and use that footage to detail the scenery so not only does it look great it is accurate as well. Look at some side by side footage of a real lap and an iRacing lap and notice not only the location of the trees but the shape is exactly the same! The idea was to give you the same track side markers you might already use or use when you get there if you learned the track on iRacing. I too have done alot of sim racing, since INDY 500 in MSDOS in 1992 or so and yes this is by far the best there is!

Just as a side note, what wheel do you use? I discovered by accident a 900 degree wheel is the way to go. I have a G-27 that is 900 deg but you can set the range via control panel. I had reduced the range to 270 for a game a friend wanted to play. I went back to iRacing, forgetting i changed the range, and had a real hard time controlling the car! Turns out the ratio was so tight i kept over correcting spinning. With the full range, steering the car is way more precise and alot easier to correct some oversteer and alot more fun! Just some food for thought for those who are having difficulties. Made sense after some thought, at 270, 5 or 10 degrees of wheel would equal about 90 or more degrees in a real car. That makes small corrections translate to huge inputs on the sim. The steering felt very sluggish at first after going back to 900 but power sliding on exit was so much easier!

Good luck and welcome! Send me a PM if you want to do a hosted session for some lead-follow or just plain racing! See you out there!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41
Mike,

I have a momo...a 270* wheel. I do have some if the issues you describe, but I'm adjusting. I've been practicing at lime rock park....lap times are coming down. I'm under 1:01...still not sub-minute, though.
I'd like to get a thomas wheel, or one Of the other nicer wheels. But, real car comes first.

I'm connecting with my phone. I had to tether for the download...after I got it setup, I tried the racing and it doesn't use that much data.. So I didn't bother with the modem.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

I too have done alot of sim racing, since INDY 500 in MSDOS in 1992 or so and yes this is by far the best there is!

Bit of trivia but the guy that did that sim engine, David Kaemmer, is the chief designer/coder at iRacing. Indycar Racing from Papyrus was the next version after the 500 sim.

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Number:05

Bit of trivia but the guy that did that sim engine, David Kaemmer, is the chief designer/coder at iRacing. Indycar Racing from Papyrus was the next version after the 500 sim.

Yeah, I have been following his efforts since that first one. Actually the closest thing to iRacing is from 1998! The incredible sim known as Grand Prix Legends, a recreation of 1967 Formula One from Papyrus. Tough one to get down, for some reason 1100 lb. cars with 400 hp on rock hard bias ply radials was a real challenge and it was not well received because of the STEEP learning curve. With lots of practice it became quite a joy to man handle the car to a win against the A.I. Jim Clark in a Lotus 49.

This is a link to the Grand Prix legends preservation society!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

You can even practice getting hip checked going into the Coaster at VIR.
Just like the real thing.
Right Lance? :rolleyes:

The good news the repair is MUCH cheaper. :D
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Red Flag!

The main server crashed.

KevinB

KevinB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Any promotions for existing iRacing users or drivers displaying your vinyl?

Kevin, what series are you running these days? Have we met? ( :

Hi there, not sure if we have met, can't see your name ;)

No current existing member promos other than the always present discounts for multiple pieces of content being purchased together (10% off three items, 20% off six items or 25% if what you buy puts you at 100% content ownership).

We do run other promos often so be sure to check the main page of the member site.

Kevin
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51
Anyone have a Logitech G25 or G27 for sale?

John Hammer

John Hammer

I'm not slow, I'm maximizing my track time!

• SMembers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:NASA SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:08
I tried desperately to get decent at Grand Prix Legends, but as you said, it was VERY difficult. Looked awesome on my old desktop with all of 256 RAM! :P

Yeah, I have been following his efforts since that first one. Actually the closest thing to iRacing is from 1998! The incredible sim known as Grand Prix Legends, a recreation of 1967 Formula One from Papyrus. Tough one to get down, for some reason 1100 lb. cars with 400 hp on rock hard bias ply radials was a real challenge and it was not well received because of the STEEP learning curve. With lots of practice it became quite a joy to man handle the car to a win against the A.I. Jim Clark in a Lotus 49.

This is a link to the Grand Prix legends preservation society!

John "Hammer" Palazzolo
Motorsport Event Facilitator
www.JohnHammer.org

Chris Fulton

Chris Fulton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:SE Region
  • Car Number:38
I have clear as my internet provider wireless 4g, will this not work with Iracing? Doesn't appear it will...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users