• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Who's going to make it to Willows for another weekend of competitive spec miata racing? We've got about 20 already signed up, and I see some SoCal regulars are going to make the trek North. It'll be good to have you guys here!

After spoiling you guys with the one hour race last event, I'll apologize in advance - no long Spec Miata races this weekend. It's a very, very challenging schedule, as there are no HPDE groups, just racing groups. Throw in a 1.5 Hour WERC enduro on Saturday evening and a 2 hour WERC enduro on Sunday morning, and it's just not possible to get creative with the schedule.

So, we're back to warm-up, qual and sprint race on Saturday and Sunday.

I'd encourage you all to team up and try the WERC enduros! Spec Miatas will slot right in to E3 or E2 depending on your year, restrictor plate placement and tire choice.

See you all in just under two weeks.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Im in for the weekend. B)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
Looking for a Teammate for WERC.
I was thinking my car, your tires and gas combo, but I'm open to anything.
FYI, I'm not running the wide seat.
PM me.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal
  • Car Number:17
I will be there racing for the Teen Mazda Challenge, will be my 1st time at Thunderhill. Have they said what direction we will be running?
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I will be there racing for the Teen Mazda Challenge, will be my 1st time at Thunderhill. Have they said what direction we will be running?

CCW
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

CCW
J~

Thanks for the quick response!!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67
In

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Thanks for the quick response!!

Rumor has it a young talented guy won his first race in a SM against some veteran competition in SoCal. Seeing your flag and location might that be you?? And if so who podiumed with you and when...sorry to lazy to try and find it :D

Either way good luck at THill...fun track! It's starting to get warm so be prepared.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Rumor has it a young talented guy won his first race in a SM against some veteran competition in SoCal. Seeing your flag and location might that be you?? And if so who podiumed with you and when...sorry to lazy to try and find it :D

Either way good luck at THill...fun track! It's starting to get warm so be prepared.

Hahaha yupp, that was me. Saturday was Me and Rob Burgoon, Clement Lee broke while running 2nd, so he would have been up there. Sunday was Me, Tyler Vance, and Burgoon. Ya I think im ready for the heat, first hot race in a car.

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

Hahaha yupp, that was me. Saturday was Me and Rob Burgoon, Clement Lee broke while running 2nd, so he would have been up there. Sunday was Me, Tyler Vance, and Burgoon. Ya I think im ready for the heat, first hot race in a car.

From your site, it also seems like I saw your car in the paddock at the BW national last weekend? Never saw it on track then it was gone?

Hope everything is ok.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

From your site, it also seems like I saw your car in the paddock at the BW national last weekend? Never saw it on track then it was gone?

Hope everything is ok.

Everything was fine, came up Friday to run with everybody. I dont have a SCCA National licence, so I couldn't race :(

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Very nice! Your region doesn't seem to want to post up and talk about their races or put up videos??? I hope someone will break that trend...maybe you? :D Some of us who have no lives enjoy to watch and read up on all regions!! Nor Cal and those North of us(OR/WA) all seem willing to share and yak it up.

Are you just running NASA? You said you don't have a SCCA national license...is national something different than regional license??

Again, best of luck at Thunderhill

Ron

RAmotorsports

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Very nice! Your region doesn't seem to want to post up and talk about their races or put up videos??? I hope someone will break that trend...maybe you? :D Some of us who have no lives enjoy to watch and read up on all regions!! Nor Cal and those North of us(OR/WA) all seem willing to share and yak it up.

Are you just running NASA? You said you don't have a SCCA national license...is national something different than regional license??

Again, best of luck at Thunderhill

Ya I will start posting videos and recaps. Our focus is the TMC, so NASA is our main goal. Yes, you need 5(?) SCCA races done before you can compete in a national.

Oh, and sorry Dean if I sorta hijacked the thread :unsure:

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
No worries, Elliott. Anything that helps us to get to know the people we'll be racing with is on-target for this thread!

Former driver

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47
We will be there with my son(joey)in the MAZDA Teen Challenge as well. He ran last month at Thunderhill. There should be 5 TMC(Teen Mazda Challenge) drivers competing!

Should be fun. I think if you add up the ages of all the teen mazda challenge drivers they may be as old as Vodden! :o

See you out there.

Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

We will be there with my son(joey)in the MAZDA Teen Challenge as well. He ran last month at Thunderhill. There should be 5 TMC(Teen Mazda Challenge) drivers competing!

Should be fun. I think if you add up the ages of all the teen mazda challenge drivers they may be as old as Vodden! :o

See you out there.

Joe Jordan

Now that is funny! But he'll still start 20th or so and drive around most on any corner and whatever side of the track you give him. Like the Navy Seal 6 team...takes no prisoners :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

BPigpen

BPigpen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Year:9599
  • Car Number:20
Dean,
I don't think I'll have the car back together in time to race. I may just come to hang out and enjoy you all.
Juan,
If you have to have the control arm before next weekend call me so I can get it to you.

Bruce :(

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Dean,
Charlie and I are doing the WERC.
Just follow the 2010 enduro regs?
No 2 transponders needed like in the 25?
J~

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
That's great!!!

Yes, just follow the 2010 regular enduro regs, not the 25 Hour supplemental rules.

I'll contact Karen to see if the 2011 rules exist anywhere, yet.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Glen is signed up driving my car (Team ArtOfRoadRacing.com.) I'll be the pit crew.

We had a fun last event showing videos on Saturday night. I'll bring my projector so we can do it again. And if you want a Contour, send me a PM so that I will be sure to bring enough stock.

Bruce, no worries about the A arm. What else do you need to do to get your car running? Send me a PM.

See everyone next weekend!

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users