4 replies to this topic

wildhorsesracing

wildhorsesracing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
Posted Image

NASA-SE proudly presents the annual June Jam! at Road Atlanta in Winder, GA on June 17-19, 2011. This will be a fun filled event that promises to exceed all previous levels of NASA-SE quality events. We will have our normal schedule starting on Friday and continuing through out the weekend. This event includes:

High Performance Driver's Education (HPDE) - drivers of all makes and models of cars can sign up and begin at the novice level (HPDE 1) and work their way to advanced driving skills. All drivers start with classroom instruction as well as an in-car instructor to guide you to drive your car at the limits. All of this takes place with the safety of a racetrack under controlled conditions.

Time Trials (TT) - Drivers will compete for their fastest lap times and win all types of contingency money and prizes. The beauty of TT is the fact that you can do all of this with only your street car and a helmet!

Sprint Races - All of the standard NASA classes will be participating, 944Spec, SpecBoxter, American Iron(AI), Factory Five Racing (FFR), German Touring Series (GTS), Honda Challenge(HC), Performance Touring(PT), SpecE30, SpecMiata, Super Unlimited(SU), Super Touring(ST), etc. Cars will be split up into groups and the racing will be intense to watch and participate in!

3 Hr Endurance Race - All of the standard NASA Enduro classes will be participating. Cars will be split up into groups and the racing will be intense to watch and participate in!

Teen Driver Survival School - We put teen and young drivers thru various drills and exercises to improve their awareness and ability to react properly to normal everyday situations that they'll encounter on the streets.

To Register ONLINE click HERE
http://www.nasa-se.com/2011Jun17.php

For more info about Road Atlanta click HERE
http://www.roadatlanta.com/

For More Details about NASA-SE Click HERE
http://www.NASA-SE.com/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:30
Here's a heads up for Southeast racers. You may want to pay particular attention to this section of the CCR in advance of the June event ;) :

16.2.2 Emergency Exit Time
The vehicle should be setup to allow drivers to exit the car quickly in an emergency. Drivers should be tested from time to time to ensure that they can meet the specified time for exiting the car in the event of an emergency. The driver must demonstrate the ability to exit their car within ten (10) seconds by opening the door (for cars with doors) or open-top vehicles (e.g. formula / sports racers); and within fifteen (15) seconds by way of the window opening for sedans. Drivers must be wearing all of their required driver’s gear and be tightly belted into the driver’s seat when the clock starts. Anyone that fails this test may be penalized with penalties ranging from a warning to exclusion from participation until corrections are made. Note- passing the Emergency Exit Time test does in no way guarantee anything, as many different situations may present themselves in a real emergency. The test is an exercise for the driver as well as functioning to demonstrate the ability to exit the vehicle.

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Zack Skolnick

Zack Skolnick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1993
I will be there racing ! Plans to race the NASA teen Mazda spec miata championship with Panic Motorsports and Race Engineering

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:30
Thanks to all the guys who came out and braved the Atlanta heat this weekend. We had a good mix of cars and for the most part the Teen Mazda Challenge racers - and the "masters" league - kept it clean. The young guns were the class of the field. Here's how the final results came out:

Saturday
Justin Hille - 1.6 TMC
Nate Sparks - 99 TMC
Zack Skolnick - 99 TMC
Michael Lliteras - 1.6 TMC
Keith Andrews - 99
Michael Lesmerises - 1.8
Scott Phillips - 1.6 TMC
Nash Lawson - 99
Tom Hart - 99
Jim Robinson - 99

Sunday
Justin Hille - 1.6 TMC
Nate Sparks - 99 TMC
Zack Skolnick - 99 TMC
Scott Phillips - 1.6 TMC
Keith Andrews - 99
Nash Lawson - 99
Matt Ford - 1.8
Jim Robinson - 99
Tom Hart - 99
Michael Lliteras - 1.6 TMC

This is the first race of the NASA-SE calendar that I believe had the variety of cars and depth of talent that might allow some decent conclusions to be made about parity. I hesitate to even say that since some folks will mine the data to prove their particular angle. :lol:

Once again, everybody was very cooperative with tech. We brought in the top 4 and between the two days checked weight, VIN, restrictor plate, weight, exhaust (pipe diameter & exit point), front rotor diameter, spacers, front sway diameter. I appreciate the cooperation by all the competitors and their crew!

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
"Masters League" here I thought I won my age group (50+). Great racing and good luck to all the young guns. I met most of these guys and was impressed with them all on and off the track. Hope to see you all out there again.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users