Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
New Traqmate user here. We just had our first race weekend so I've got data from 3 cars here to dicipher (no integrated video for any of us yet). I've split the track into segments based on numbered corners. Now I'm going through the manual page by page with data on my screen that I'm able to manipulate. Man are there alot of things to review.

My question to the seasoned TM users is: what feartures/maps/graphs/tables do you typically look at when comparing (best) laps of multiple drivers? How about all laps from a session for a single driver? What I'm looking for is somebody to tell me "you should be using this option in order to look at X first, then compare Y to learn this, then look at Z to figure out..." I'm sure many of the parameters that can be viewed aren't viewed very often because they don't tell much of a story and I want to eliminate those from my "to do" list if possible. Does looking at the dancing dot in the friction circle really tell you anything? Is it helpful to compare a theoretical best lap to current best lap? Should we be looking at the colored accel/braking maps along WITH the colored turn map feature turned on at the same time?

We want to figure out what a particular driver is doing DIFFERENTLY through his fastest portion of track compared to the other drives. "Why is this guy so fast through there when the rest of us aren't? Is he braking differently, turning in earlier/later, lifting mid-corner to get the car to rotate, taking a different line entering the corner?"

I'm hoping that this thread can be used as a "how to" for those new to Traqmate and data acq in general.
  • RacerX likes this

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Jason J Ball

Jason J Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:15
I use Velocity vs. Distance, it gives you the best comparison between drivers. The curves will show where your carrying more velocity or accelerating better. It showed me how bad my motor was vs. a good friend who was 3 seconds faster around the track than I was. We had Identical corner velocities, but his velocity slope was quite a bit better than mine down the straights.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
CY

PM sent

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

AJG

AJG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:RM
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:61

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users