Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM
I'll be calling them on Monday but I thought I'd use the 't00bz to solicit some ideas.

I can obviously RTFM on what cameras are "supported" by them but I was curious what specific models have been used/tested with them.

The website indicates a HDR-CX100 or CX110 from Sony )(along with the Chase cam but I'm after HD) but that model is now a couple generations old from what I can tell.
Another option is their own camera but that thing is ex-SPENSIVE! $1500 and we're still in a pre-order situation.
As someone else on this website has mentioned, that's a lot of tires & seat time. ;)

Anyway - what are the overall options for getting integrated video with our TM DAQ?

TIA!
Brandon
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
I called last week to ask about an interface with GoPro. I was told that it probably won't happen because the motorsports market for GoPro isn't large enough to warrant the R&D on their end. Bummer.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Brandon

I have used many different Sony HD camera models over the past two years and all HD models with LANC input appear to be supported. I have had no issues. Cameras switch on and off perfectly with TM, synch the picture perfectly with the TM data, and overlay the data guages on top of the video for viewing RPM, G's, lap, gear selection, speed etc. , .

The only issue is that as far as I know there is no current ability to write the SONY HD video AVCHD codec with the data guages overlaid on the video. (.mts or .m2ts)

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

T Murray

T Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:81
We decided on the Sony Hd .

car39

car39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I purchased the Sony CD 130 camera from their Amazon store. Now I find out it doesn't work as well as the older 110 model, problems with the stability system, and I've had synchronization problems. I just bought a 110 from Amazon, I think they're on close out. I'm disappointed that you can't save HD and data together, you have to "dumb down" the video to save it with the data overlay. It does look great on my computer in HD.

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:91
Do these Sony cams hold up in a car? The reviews of their durability are pretty poor.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
FWIW they just announced they are going to support Go Pro around 1/2012. You can read about it on their website.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terry Whitlock

Terry Whitlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Buccaneer
  • Car Number:36
Glen had a prototype in his car at the Roebling SIC earlier this month, so they are working on a possible solution.

car39

car39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I really don't know about the camera life. Right now my entire system, including camera is at Traqmate being checked out for camera control / sychronization problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users