Photo

Moving to SoCal Is it less active there than NorCal?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

rhart

rhart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1994

Hey Rick,
It might be boring just puttering around but once you learn it and get up to speed it is anything but that. Fontana sees fields of 25 - 35. Bump drafting is common and with it we'll get close to 130. Lots of nose to tail and side by side racing. The other two tracks are just as fun with plenty of pucker factor. You will be challanged by all three tracks and the good compettion and should check it out. Happy to provide some lead/follow the first time to help get you up to speed. :)
Grant

Thanks Grant. I'll take you up on that. See you out there. I'll hit Laguna one last time next month then south I go.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Hey Rick,
It might be boring just puttering around but once you learn it and get up to speed it is anything but that. Fontana sees fields of 25 - 35. Bump drafting is common and with it we'll get close to 130. Lots of nose to tail and side by side racing. The other two tracks are just as fun with plenty of pucker factor. You will be challanged by all three tracks and the good compettion and should check it out. Happy to provide some lead/follow the first time to help get you up to speed. :)
Grant

Rick; Take Grant up on his offer, the dude knows his way around and is a heck of a guy too!
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

rhart

rhart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Rick; Take Grant up on his offer, the dude knows his way around and is a heck of a guy too!

Thanks for the input John. I plan on doing that. I don't think I've ever hit 130 on the tracks up here. Doubt my car would even do that!
Cheers
Rick

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Thanks for the input John. I plan on doing that. I don't think I've ever hit 130 on the tracks up here. Doubt my car would even do that!
Cheers
Rick

In the draft it's rather easy, fun & scary !!
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

rhart

rhart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

In the draft it's rather easy, fun & scary !!

I am a pathetic mechanic. Do you know of anyone in the Costa Mesa area that works on Miatas cost effectively?
Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users