svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Well, time to order some new parts for the old race car.

I'm going from SSM to SM in my 1.6L car.........I know, it's not a '99.

Intake and exhaust advice? Would the sutton intake and springfield dyno exhaust be the way to go? The carbon fiber one looks cool but at $500......

Thanks,
Vick

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Any of the straight intakes. Sp induction is a site sponsor. The sd exhaust is also a no brainer.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Although the sd exhaust is loud. So, you will need a tail pipe muffler for tracks with a sound reg.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bill

Bill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:ccr
  • Car Number:89
My exhaust was always on the edge of being elegal at VIR and CMP. Changed to Springfield Dyno three years ago and now I don't even check. Still have good hp. Use a straight intake with a cone filter.

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
I don't have any problems at all our tracks with a LOUD custom DWW Motorsports SM exhaust so don't worry about it.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Justin Baltrucki

Justin Baltrucki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:54

Well, time to order some new parts for the old race car.

I'm going from SSM to SM in my 1.6L car.........I know, it's not a '99.

Intake and exhaust advice? Would the sutton intake and springfield dyno exhaust be the way to go? The carbon fiber one looks cool but at $500......

Thanks,
Vick

Anyone make a parts list - build sheet for SSM - SM I am interested myself in what other items are needed/modifications.

Now with SM2 in our region it has made the ssm field smaller, and it makes more sense to double dip SM / SM2 rather than SM/SSM as the gap is in theory smaller.

Tie rod ends
Steering Rack Spacers
More negative camber - hand picked - control arms??
MAF tuning - to match Intake / exhaust combo
Fuel Pressure changes - how is this different than the MAF adjustment?
Timing increase - can you really run more than 16 without getting near knock limit?
99 hats and bump stops

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?

Anyone make a parts list - build sheet for SSM - SM I am interested myself in what other items are needed/modifications.

Now with SM2 in our region it has made the ssm field smaller, and it makes more sense to double dip SM / SM2 rather than SM/SSM as the gap is in theory smaller.

Tie rod ends
Steering Rack Spacers
More negative camber - hand picked - control arms??
MAF tuning - to match Intake / exhaust combo
Fuel Pressure changes - how is this different than the MAF adjustment?
Timing increase - can you really run more than 16 without getting near knock limit?
99 hats and bump stops

Justin:

I turned my little car over to Matt Kessler for a make over. He did the same thing for another former SSM driver in the area. We did the following to the car:

1. Straight Shot (I went with SP inductions just because they were in stock)
2. 99 hats & adj endlinks (you need the adj endlinks to take full advantage of the 99 hats)
3. SD exhaust

We were a bit short on time, so we left control arms alone, left plug wires alone (pretty sure there's no advantage there). Matt's spent a lot of time tuning and setting up 1.6L cars, so if you are looking for someone to do work for you, I'd give him a shout.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users