Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
We have all made some stupid mistakes on the race track. I can't even imagine how that young man must feel. JR Hildebrand had only one corner to go to win the 100th Indy 500 and into the wall he went. I never saw that coming. I like Dan Weldon and Bryan Herta, so glad to see him get the win. What a way to lose, he will never be able to escape that race.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Josh Chaney

Josh Chaney

JC-MX5

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:33
That's going to eat away at him for a while for sure. It's a shame. Good for Weldon and Herta, though.
- Team Fail Motorsports: Failing Hardcore Since 2009 -

Peter Olivola

Peter Olivola

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
My experience with JR (I was Chief Steward of the Cooper Tires FF 2000 Series in 2006 the year he won the championship,) is that he will learn from this and become an even better driver/racer. He is an unusual talent. I don't know that I'd but him in the transcendent category, yet, but he is one of those with the gift of learning from his experiences/mistakes at a rate well above most successful drivers.

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
I'll give him credit for keeping his foot in it until the bitter end. Got him first loser...
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20
I really hope he eventually wins the 500. If he doesn't, he may never get over it. Between his crashing on the last lap, Junior running out of gas and the red flag that allowed Vettel to put on fresh tires, it was quite a weekend of late race weirdness.
wheel

racinglawyer

racinglawyer

Old Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:"0"
We all learn from our loses...He will do just fine...when I listened to him Post race....he made no excuses....As a young kid who went to 25 straight Indy 500's I saw a lot of sad endings to races...Luck has a lot to do with what happens in our lives....JR Hildebrand was in the wrong place at the wrong time...I hope I see him win the big one....I know he will
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users