George Munson

George Munson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
Hey Guys, I just spent the day using the new Traqmate Trackdash. For someone with tired and older eyes this is just the ticket. For the first time I can see my lap times, rpm, and mph all on the same screen. The colored + and - gauge for letting you know if you are ahead or behind your last are easy to see. I still have to set my tach warnings but thats a piece of cake. What I enjoyed the most was the visiabilty in any light. One feature thats new is the track selection. Once the unit is turned on, go to the track selection and the closest 320 tracks pop up. I haven't played with all the new features but I love what I've seen so far.

Great Job Guys :D
  • bvondran likes this

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad it's working out well. I've been curious about this product for a while.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:7
Mine is on the way and is supposed to be delivered today. Did you run into any issues with setup (assuming you've been using the main unit with the old display)? I'm looking forward to shift lights again (which my G2X had) and better visibility in sunlight. I know the old display can be backlit because that's what it does when I connect it to my laptop but I couldn't figure out how to make it do that while inside the car.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:30

I know the old display can be backlit because that's what it does when I connect it to my laptop but I couldn't figure out how to make it do that while inside the car.

If you press where it says "Traqmate" above the display, that will toggle the backlight on and off.

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

George Munson

George Munson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Car Number:27
The new Traqdash is a straight forward plug and play. I had to get the adaptor for the new locking plugs. Setting the vehicles, drivers, and tach are all done through the touch pad. No more going through the computer.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
can you use the new display with the old unit or do you have to upgrade the entire system??

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Is a firmware upgrade required? Traqview couldn't find the new unit when I plugged it into a USB port. I never had a problem with the old display being recognized...

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
This thing is pretty slick. Lots of menus to navigate but they're short and easy to understand. I've programmed my local tracks' GPS data, set up the car and driver info and played with the shift light settings. Will be putting it to use on Friday. A couple of things to note:

- the 2GB memory card that it comes with has a firmware update on it for the main unit. So if you've got an older unit, don't format the new card until you connect the Traqdash to your main unit.

- all data is stored on the memory card, so the display unit can be permanently mounted in the vehicle.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I put mine in this weekend for the Sprints, I saw it light up and thats all I had time for :) Looked great! I will figure out the rest at the track :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

NigelStu

NigelStu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:66

can you use the new display with the old unit or do you have to upgrade the entire system??

No need to replace your entire system.

You'll just need to update the cables to the new locking connector style if you have a unit with the old style plugs.

And install the new firmware that CY mentioned.

Then it will all work.
Ben Schaut
------------
SCHAUT SPEED Motorsports
Race Technology - Traqmate
Cobalt Friction - Amsoil
info@schautspeed.com
------------
WHRRI / GLDiv
'92 SM - #66

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:91
Does anyone know how to set the shift lights?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
I am about to pull the trigger on the TraqDash upgrade for my TM. Can anyone tell me what wire I need to tap into for the RPM? Ron at TM has a 90-93 and was not sure.

They are indeed coming out with a module for the go Pro in January 2012. If you get that you can also link up your air fuel meter to it and get that data too. I have innovate, was told its the Brown wire

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Frank
The green wire with yellow stripe on the center plug behind cluster is what we tap into.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Does anyone know how to set the shift lights?

Yes Glen Stephens :) He did mine :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Gatoratty

Gatoratty

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Car Number:3
Brown wire on the innovate to the Traqmate. Then setup the AFR on the the system.

(null)
Paul McLester
SM #3
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
Ok I am trying to hook up the RPM to the Traqmate, 1999 Miata. I pulled the dash out looking for the Green wire with the yellow strip, this is what I found.
I pulled out the gauge panel and it has three plugs one over the tach, one over the center and one over the odometer, Labeled in that order

File #002 is the gauge cluster

File #003 is the clip above the tach

File #001 is the center clip

File #004 is the one over the spedo

The only Green with Yellow wire I could find was one the right hand clip with the black connector over the Tach. not the center plug, Jim mentioned. The Flyin Miata write up has me looking for a green wire with an orange stripe, and I could not find any wire with an orange stripe?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
"

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:30
The one on the black plug is it.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
Ok I figured out the RPM wire, I decided to fabricate my own bracket to mount the TD onto. Its not and nice as Drago's install in the dash but it works.

Now i just have to wait for them to ship me the module for the go pro.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Looks good Frank
Jim
  • TEAM MEDICARE likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users