Jason Pulvermacher

Jason Pulvermacher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Midwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:25
I was thinking about running the NASA National event at Mid-Ohio and noticed there was not very many spec miatas registered. My question is why is the turnout so bad? Is everyone boycotting this year because of the new rule change to the 99's or ....

I am just looking for a little insight.

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11
I'm not sure if it's a boycott, but it certainly would play a part in my decision if the only car I had to bring was a 99. With 2 1/2 months before the event I would think that there will be a lot more attending than what you see registered now though. I plan to register this month.
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
I'd reckon they'll see 40 or so by the time all is said and done. I think it's better for a bit smaller turn out than to have what happened at the Runoffs last year, 60 plus cars and massive carnage. I didn't see any of the folks that run out here on the list yet.

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
I'm gonna go watch - does that count? :P
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I am going to sign up but we have two more NASA races before that and I am doing two other SCCA races I like to wait a little and see if I have something that resembles a SM to race first. I just think folks are waiting longer to sign up.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
NASA used to employ a sliding price scale - the longer you waited, the higher the entry fee. They are good about refunds if you drop-out.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I'm gonna go watch - does that count? :P

But you will let the whole world down if you keep your 1.6 in the garage they changed all the rules this year just to get you guys to come race with us! Didn't they? :lol:

As for me I may borrow a 1.8 97 for the big race. :unsure:

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I am going to sign up but we have two more NASA races before that and I am doing two other SCCA races I like to wait a little and see if I have something that resembles a SM to race first. I just think folks are waiting longer to sign up.

No worries Frank you can use my rental car if yours goes down! unless it gets rented of course, then you guys could always wrestle in the parking lot to see who gets to drive it :blink:

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Number:56

But you will let the whole world down if you keep your 1.6 in the garage they changed all the rules this year just to get you guys to come race with us! Didn't they? :lol:

As for me I may borrow a 1.8 97 for the big race. :unsure:

going oldschool.....
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

NASA used to employ a sliding price scale - the longer you waited, the higher the entry fee. They are good about refunds if you drop-out.

Still do. It goes from $499 to $999 about once a month, in five steps. It's $649 right now. If you enter and cancel by Aug 26 they'll refund all but a 50 spot.

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

they changed all the rules this year just to get you guys to come race with us

All the rule changes in the world won't increase my talent. ;)

(Here's a tip for winning the big bucks Kyle - check the entry list, sometimes PTD is less competitive than PTE. Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone)

Beside, for the cost of the Champs I can enter two regionals and have twice the fun. B)

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

All the rule changes in the world won't increase my talent. ;)

(Here's a tip for winning the big bucks Kyle - check the entry list, sometimes PTD is less competitive than PTE. Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone)

Beside, for the cost of the Champs I can enter two regionals and have twice the fun. B)

Thanks coach but I am running PTE because it has more competition therefor IMHO means more as a Nat. title but of course means nothing :D in comparison with a SM Nat. title!

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

going oldschool.....

lol!

K. Webb

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

I am running PTE because it has more competition therefor IMHO means more as a Nat. title

Competition - schmompetition, meaning - schmeaning. Show me the money! B)

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Number:50
i can't really explain it, but i can say in NASA mid-atlantic, we have our once-a-year circus event (hyperfest) - bands, roll over contest, drifters, and LOTS of spectators - and what i'm guessing will be a similar pattern; lots of late signups. our entries doubled in the 3 weeks preceding the event...

assuming my travel arrangements work out, i'm pretty sure i'm going. i haven't registered yet, but expect to correct that this week or next.

and as for the 99 rule changes..you might have noticed the brouhaha has died down. as someone who built a 99 for this season and then felt like i had the rug pulled out when the changes were announced, i'm willing to admit the car is more competitive than i expected. i think we have a pretty competitive region and i'm fighting for wins with 1.6's. i don't think we have any top shelf NA 1.8's, so whether that is a 'ringer' or not, i'm not sure. my gut is that the '01+ may be the fastest with its significantly bigger plate (although +60lb) - we'll see in a couple of months :)

ahm

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

and as for the 99 rule changes..you might have noticed the brouhaha has died down. as someone who built a 99 for this season and then felt like i had the rug pulled out when the changes were announced, i'm willing to admit the car is more competitive than i expected. ahm

Well we havent seen you race at Mid Ohio yet :rolleyes: You can tell us how you feel after you have! :) I personally witnessed a 1.6 win every SCCA race but one I have attended at Mid Ohio this year. And I can tell you it was not for a lack of quality 1999's or Drivers. :( (so that you understand what I mean Fowler, Bednarz, Manning, Steyn all got smoked by a wimppy 1.6 driven by a guy who almost nobody except us locals has ever heard of! Kudo's to you Rugiero!!!!!!

So stuff that Bruhhhhaaahhhhaaaa in your pipe and smoke it

K. Webb