dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
Just gotta say - attended my first NASA SE event - the Firecracker Run at CMS - and couldn't have been treated better. SE drivers who only run SCCA don't know what they're missing. The entry fee was incredibly low, the staff was friendly, no hassles/attitude, the event ran like clockwork. SM series director Steve DeVinney even emailed signed Toyo contingency forms to me - WHAT SERVICE! (By the way - why doesn't SCCA regionals have Toyo contingencies?)

I got punted by a Beemer on Sunday and I'm still smilin'.

My biggest gripe with NASA has always been that they only have 2 race groups, but the SCCA could learn a thing or two about paperwork reduction/electronic recordkeeping and customer services. Talk about keepin it simple, keepin it fun.

Thank NASA SE! Another reason I wish in lived in the SE.

-Denny
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:30

... and couldn't have been treated better.

Denny -

Thanks again to you and Deb for making the trip. On behalf of Jim and Julie, thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry I didn't get more of a chance to hang out this weekend but I was busy trying to balance racing and celebrating my wedding anniversary! :D

I love racing with both SCCA and NASA. With NASA I am in a position to try to make SM drivers' weekends fun, safe and hassle-free. I hope we are succeeding!

PS - Congrats to Keith Andrews for his weekend sweep - and his first victories in Spec Miata, I believe!! He (99) and Nash Lawson (1.6) had great battles all weekend with the margin of victory only 0.7 second on Saturday.

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
Denny good to meet you and Deb this weekend I hope to see you again here in the SE or up your direction at Mid-Ohio.

Thanks Steve, yep pretty much my first win ever. Thanks to Nash who raced hard and clean. You had to bring up the 99 vs. 1.6 stuff didn't you. The .7 margin on Saturday was under double yellow for the record.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
The 99 still is way faster than the 1.6! ;)

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

The 99 still is way faster than the 1.6! ;)

Ha.......... just not at Road Atlanta, No doubt the 1.6 will be at a great disadvantage at Mid-Ohio :P
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53
(By the way - why doesn't SCCA regionals have Toyo contingencies?)

SCCA SEDIv SARRC series and ECR series does have a Toyo contingency.

This is from the form---
"CIRCLE YOUR FINISHING POSITION AND “TOYO DOLLARS” REBATE AWARD AMOUNT
5+ STARTERS: 1st = 150, 2nd = 100, 3rd = 75, 4th = 50, 5th = 25
3 - 4 STARTERS: 1st = 40, 2nd = 30, 3rd = 20"

The forms are posted for all at http://www.sedivracing.org/

So for our weekend we just finished at Roebling Road where we ran a double SARRC/ double ECR, SM drivers received a total of $1600 in Toyo bucks. For the 2011 race season, the total contingency is over $15,000 from Toyo.

And we have Double SARRC's coming up at Road Atlanta July 16/17, Charlotte Motor Speedway with racing under the lights on August 20, 21, Barber Motorsport Park on Labor Day weekend and Homestead on Sept 17/ 18.

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
That's great Jim - I wish my Division did that.

If I had more vacation time I'd go to CMS in Aug. Glad to see the SCCA return. Hope to make it next year.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users