FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Does anyone know the results yet of Sundays Race when I left at 5:00 they still had not posted the results. I was an interesting weekend. but I am happy to report not a mark on my car all weekend, I even Raced with Quick Nip and did not even have a close call of hitting him.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
thanks for not hitting me, tried my best not to go back across the track at the start

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

thanks for not hitting me, tried my best not to go back across the track at the start

You're welcome! Braking to miss you and the others braking cost me eight places by T7 (to the cars on the right who stayed on the gas). I had to work like the devil to make fourteen or fifteen passes by the end. I don't have video of your incident, but if I had to guess, I would bet you did six full 360's in about two seconds, the rate of rotation was downright impressive - as was your keeping it on the left.. Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

could have been avoided by staying farther to the right, but oh well. learning experience.

1999 Spec Miata

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Number:60
Justin:
Great racing with you. As it turned out, we both got shuffled and had some fun passing opportunities as a result. When I saw you in my mirror, it took me a moment to realize that you'd "survived" the whirling dirvish event!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
Who won?

I had to sit-out this one the pound the ol' 88 back into shape.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Rick we had some pretty good really close side by side through a few turns there. That was awesome! I didn't realize you were working your way through as well until later on when you were jumping on all the opportunities I took on other guys. great racing.

I won on Saturday and John Guthrie won on Sunday. Both 1.6 if that matters, the na 1.8 was equally as competitive.

1999 Spec Miata

jguthrie

jguthrie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:great lakes/central
  • Car Number:21
Justin

Nice job coming up thru the pack .
I started right behind you at the start . From my view , you had your line and P2 had plenty of room,P2 Rt front wheel hooks up with you Left rear wheel ,I dont think you have any lessen to learn,you had your line . You had the fastest car all weekend . Great drive .....Congradulations

John
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
Could someone please post the results even if not official yet (the whole field)? Oh, and please include car year ;)
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Justin you and I almost hit when you were passing in turn 9 went two off there to avoid you, not a problem, I know you were trying to get back to the front. Trust me contact was the last thing I wanted.

I also tried to bump draft you going down the back but since that was the first time I have done it to someone else other than some one doing it to me, i realize i did not give you much of a bump, but its the thought that counts.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Sorry about that Frank. I was so focused on the red car infront of me, I didnt realize you were over there until I got to the apex of the turn. Thanks for avoiding though I would do the same for you or anyone else.

Congrats on the win Sunday John!

1999 Spec Miata

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Could someone please post the results even if not official yet (the whole field)? Oh, and please include car year ;)

John I wish I could, I would have expected they could post it on line within 24 hrs. I did not stick around as they were reviewing a slew of Hollywood video in the trailer for who knows what.

One thing is for sure you cannot race without a camera. I was initially told I was disqualified for passing in the grass on Saturdays start, which I did not do. So Sunday I brought the video and proved I did not pass in the grass that I clearly never left the track. Seams odd to me that I would have to prove my innocents since they had no video of me in the grass.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

John I wish I could, I would have expected they could post it on line within 24 hrs. I did not stick around as they were reviewing a slew of Hollywood video in the trailer for who knows what.

One thing is for sure you cannot race without a camera. I was initially told I was disqualified for passing in the grass on Saturdays start, which I did not do. So Sunday I brought the video and proved I did not pass in the grass that I clearly never left the track. Seams odd to me that I would have to prove my innocents since they had no video of me in the grass.

NASA needs to man up and call compitors to the trailer and tell them that they are being DQ'd and give the competitor a chance to appeal, that decision before it is final IMHO this is where NASA misses the boat and SCCA has it down.

K. Webb