Mike Bell

Mentally Retired

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:16
How many coming out to get their summer sweat going at TWS in August with NASA TX?
Mike Bell
SSM #16
Texas
Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59
I will be there. There were a handful of others signed up. I know that weekend conflicts with an SCCA event in Houston, so I imagine between that and the heat the turn out will be pretty light.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Car Number:11
I may be there for Saturday only, still on the fence until next week though as plans firm up. Nasa race in August has always had a good turn out for SM but the scheduling conflict will be a factor for sure.
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22
Wish it didn't conflict with SCCA race. I enjoy running TWS CW.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

tferranti

tferranti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Number:51
If my Mid-Ohio plans come together then I will be at TWS, if not I will head down to MSRH to join the masses.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

T Murray

T Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:81
We will be there

Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mentally Retired

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

We will be there

If we can get a core group of at least 5 SSM's (1.6L 90-93) we can get end of year payouts: $1000/$750/$500/$250/$150 for doing what we already do all year - running at least 8 races (3 event weekends only!) with at least 5 starters.

Anyone who knows of a 1.6L 90-93 who's not racing these days because they don't have a beeg motah please have them contact me.
Mike Bell
SSM #16
Texas
Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

TMCC90

TMCC90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Number:90
August 2011 TWS Race

I wanted to get some input prior to working with the NASA Texas Team on finalizing the schedule. The goal on Sunday is to possibly go hot at 7AM and try to wrap up by 2PM.

My thoughts...

Saturday Schedule
- Practice Session 15 Minutes
- Qualify Session 15 Minutes
- Race 1: 25 Minutes
- Race 2: 25 Minutes

Sunday Schedule
- Race 3: 25 Minutes
- Race 4: 25 Minutes

OR....

- Race 3: 45 Minutes

Let me know your thoughts... If you have any other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone at the track.

Trevor

Gary Norris

Gary Norris

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:26
an old man like me probably needs the breaks that two races provides......but i like the 45 minute, get it done an go home....my 2 cts.
Gary Norris

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
More races=more better. I do like the 45 minute race schedule though... Either way I will be happy, but my first vote would be for the 4 race format.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Gary Norris

Gary Norris

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
My goal is to keep the steering wheel on and all four wheels firmly on the ground so i can make it to Sunday.... :blink:
Gary Norris

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

My goal is to keep the steering wheel on and all four wheels firmly on the ground so i can make it to Sunday.... :blink:

Yea, phrases like, driving the wheels off it and flying Miata are just that. Phrases, they are not supposed to be taken literally! But I am with you, making it to Sunday is always a good goal.

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Car Number:11

August 2011 TWS Race

I wanted to get some input prior to working with the NASA Texas Team on finalizing the schedule. The goal on Sunday is to possibly go hot at 7AM and try to wrap up by 2PM.

My thoughts...

Saturday Schedule

Sunday Schedule

OR....

Let me know your thoughts... If you have any other ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Trevor

Trevor-

I like the 2 race format in the heat, and the longer Sunday race when it's cool weather. But I don't get a vote because I'm only racing on Saturday though :(
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mentally Retired

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts

August 2011 TWS Race

My thoughts...

Saturday Schedule

Sunday Schedule

OR....

Trevor

4 x 25 races is my choice! (hopefully the ice will last in the cooler that long lol)
Mike Bell
SSM #16
Texas

Gary Norris

Gary Norris

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
+1 on 4 races
Gary Norris

dfuser

dfuser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Southwest, Texas
  • Car Number:18
I'll be at MSR-H this weekend. I like TWS, ran it for the chump race and with the cool suite we ran for 2 hours no issues with the heat.

Bill Agha

SM 18

Sponsored by:  raceoutfitter.com

Engine/Setup:  X-Factor racing

Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mentally Retired

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
There was some great racing out there despite the extreme heat! I had a blast, saw some old friends and made some new ones. Congrats to the SM winners and look forward to next event.
Mike Bell
SSM #16
Texas

Gary Norris

Gary Norris

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
congrats to Brett Gabriel for a sweep.....1st in all three races...
Gary Norris

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Here is a vid of my spin coming into turn 15 at 110mph. I believe we touched wheels coming into the brake zone. All I remember is starting to brake, Vaughn was very close on my left side, then all of a sudden the car started to come around. Looking at the video I can hear what sounds like either tire to tire contact or maybe just tire to body contact. Thanks to all behind me for not collecting me!

http://youtu.be/spYHP0lfezA

cam

cam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:SOW
  • Car Number:14

Here is a vid of my spin coming into turn 15 at 110mph. I believe we touched wheels coming into the brake zone. All I remember is starting to brake, Vaughn was very close on my left side, then all of a sudden the car started to come around. Looking at the video I can hear what sounds like either tire to tire contact or maybe just tire to body contact. Thanks to all behind me for not collecting me!

http://youtu.be/spYHP0lfezA

Good times at TWS this weekend, CW is a blast. Whish I had a video of your high speed spin, it was very exciting since I was the 2nd car behind you. Congratulation to Brent for a strong showing all weekend. Brian, got any video of the fun race at the end of the day? Had a great time drafting you for most of the fun race.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users