Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
Here is Sundays race.

A little hectic of a start then settled in to a good pace.

For my own sanity, Saturdays video is staying right where it belongs. (The desktop of my computer) =]

--Dan

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68
Nice drive Dan, you've got some fast hands there...
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Very fast hands indeed. Was the car sticking reasonably well? Were you fighting any issues with the car or was it all good?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:20
Here is my video from Sunday

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Steve Holifield

Steve Holifield

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:44
Here is my video from Saturday's race, (posted on Phillip's Vimeo account.) Great close racing with Dan, Mike M., Charlie, Kyle, Greg, Dion and Dave P.

Thanks to Juan for bringing his projector. We had a lot of fun watching the videos Saturday night, until the overhead lights turned off and the bugs swarmed the screen. That ended the party!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Here is Kyles video of Sat race. Lots of action and clean close racing. When you see the blue car exit turn 1 up the hill it is because his wheel breaks out of the spokes! At the turn 1 2nd lap incident, David P(Purple car that crosses track)said he closed his eyes and screamed!! Great reaction by Greg to avoid and then show his crazy dirt flat track skills!

Thanks to Steve, Dan, Mike, and Charlie for great battles. Special thanks to Martin, Maddie, Greg and Erin for always letting us crash your party :D

Enjoy!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Very fast hands indeed. Was the car sticking reasonably well? Were you fighting any issues with the car or was it all good?

It was pretty well hooked up. Wasn't fighting too much that wasn't just heat related
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91

Here is Sundays race.

A little hectic of a start then settled in to a good pace.

For my own sanity, Saturdays video is staying right where it belongs. (The desktop of my computer) =]

--Dan

Dan, are you overreving on your downshifts?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Dan, are you overreving on your downshifts?

No, not very often. I won't say it's never happened...haha

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Here is my video from Saturday's race, (posted on Phillip's Vimeo account.) Great close racing with Dan, Mike M., Charlie, Kyle, Greg, Dion and Dave P.

Thanks to Juan for bringing his projector. We had a lot of fun watching the videos Saturday night, until the overhead lights turned off and the bugs swarmed the screen. That ended the party!

Steve,

You just get hosed by the lapper(at 11)...I don't think she is paying close enough attention to her mirrors. In race 2 she almost takes out Doug followed by Phillip on the last lap at 1. Then 8 seconds later Kyle catches her at the exit of 2 and he almost takes her out when she brakes!!

Great battles! Clean driving!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
My Saturday race. Thrills and spills! Fortunately nothing damaged except points.

Enjoy!
-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Holifield

Steve Holifield

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
Here is my Sunday race (again posted on Phillip's Vimeo account)

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Steve,

Man, that sucked! Had know idea Juan got sucked into this also. The stars just weren't aligned for you this weekend Juan :( I'd like to see Charlie and Juans video of this...not sure what Mike M was thinking :o

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
I was wondering how I looked at the 19min mark after I dropped a tire in 6.
Thanks Steve and Phillip.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Number:34
My Sunday race. All weekend my tranny was training me to avoid 2nd. Unfortunately, I really needed it at the start of this one. Prime view of the big mess in T10. Limped it home with some suspension damage.

A challenging weekend for sure. But on the bright side, the bumper and fenders are all still on!

Enjoy!
-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Here is Kyle's Sun race. Not that exciting but love the outcome!

In no particular order I'd like to thank a few people here that are just good people and have welcomed Kyle and I over the last year with their support and generosity...and have just become good friends that make this all worth while :D

Martin, Maddie & Dan; Darin,Dewey & Bill; Phillip, Steve& family; Juan & Glen; Greg & Erin; Matt R, John G, Doug M, Charlie H and Mike Haag! Just a Thank You! B)

Ron

RAmotorsports

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
I've watched several of these videos, and so far Kyle (aka Kimi) has the best one I've seen in a while. Great clean racing by everyone!

Watching Phillip's Sunday video, it seems like Doug's new car has another one of those unusually fast motors in it. Phillip catches up in the corners, but then can't even stay in the draft on the straights. Not taking anything away from Doug's smooth & consistent driving though.

It's really cool that most of the front runners are sharing their videos. With the exeption of Dean, the prior generation almost never did this.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

I've watched several of these videos, and so far Kyle (aka Kimi) has the best one I've seen in a while. Great clean racing by everyone!

Watching Phillip's Sunday video, it seems like Doug's new car has another one of those unusually fast motors in it. Phillip catches up in the corners, but then can't even stay in the draft on the straights. Not taking anything away from Doug's smooth & consistent driving though.

It's really cool that most of the front runners are sharing their videos. With the exeption of Dean, the prior generation almost never did this.

I liked the phrase someone else used in another thread...that car is a real "stump puller" :D

Might be my imagination but I think our car was affected less in the heat than the 1.6's...it was just strong(relatively speaking) in the straights. B)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Steve Holifield

Steve Holifield

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

In no particular order I'd like to thank a few people here that are just good people and have welcomed Kyle and I over the last year with their support and generosity...and have just become good friends that make this all worth while :D

Martin, Maddie & Dan; Darin,Dewey & Bill; Phillip, Steve& family; Juan & Glen; Greg & Erin; Matt R, John G, Doug M, Charlie H and Mike Haag! Just a Thank You! B)

That's what it's all about. To plagiarize a famous cyclist, "It's not about the bike (or car)." Dan Mairani always says that the best part of racing are the people you hang out with. Couldn't agree more.

BTW, Dan's new motor will get installed in the next couple weeks. Hope to see him back at the track soon!

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41

I was wondering how I looked at the 19min mark after I dropped a tire in 6.
Thanks Steve and Phillip.
J~

Nice save.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users