Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26
Will we have access to the garages? I don't see a way sign up for them online.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Hotshoe

Hotshoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:North Carolina
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:98

Will we have access to the garages? I don't see a way sign up for them online.

Here is a link to the garages..... I'm looking forward to the race "Under the Lights"

http://www.dlbracing...D=4744&LMID=486
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53
I hope everyone will come out and support Central Carolinas Region. They have worked very hard to bring a return of SCCA racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is one of Bruton Smith's premier facilities and the layout of the track will lead to some close, great racing for the Spec Miata cars. And racing under the lights at CMS should be a good as it gets.

Scott Malbon

Scott Malbon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Blue Ridge
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:52

I hope everyone will come out and support Central Carolinas Region. They have worked very hard to bring a return of SCCA racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is one of Bruton Smith's premier facilities and the layout of the track will lead to some close, great racing for the Spec Miata cars. And racing under the lights at CMS should be a good as it gets.

I can't find confirmation of a practice day in the Supps. Is there practice on Friday?

Scott

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Here is a link to the garages..... I'm looking forward to the race "Under the Lights"

http://www.dlbracing...D=4744&LMID=486

Thank you, looking forward to running CMS.

Jason Owenby

Jason Owenby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:55
  • Car Number:35
Been along time since we raced at lowes.
Thanks to scca for getting us back at one of the best tracks in SE.
If you havent raced at lowes come on out You want be sorry.
Jason Owenby

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
I just got an email from E. White about trying to organize a test day for Tuesday August 16th. I can't make it but if he is able to get enough interest he is willing to put it together. Here is his contact email wankelcity@aol.com. See you at CMS.

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
Raced at where? Lowes? You run up and down the plumbing isles? Turn right at the 2 x 4s? :P

Had a blast at Charlotte Motor Speedway in July with NASA - if I had the time I'd be back for this too. Love them rovals!
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Been along time since we raced at lowes.
Thanks to scca for getting us back at one of the best tracks in SE.
If you havent raced at lowes come on out You want be sorry.
Jason Owenby

Hey Jason, you gonna try to run second all day? The pass at the finish is always fun to watch, LOL

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Hotshoe

Hotshoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
For those of you interested in a test day:

Quoted by Estus White:

I am trying to determine the feasibility of a pre race test day, and quite honestly at this late of a date it most likely is not possible to organize one, but I decided to put this feeler out there anyway.

OK, here is the deal. SCCA could not lock in a Friday test day at Charlotte because of prior Speedway commitments, so there is no event test day.

We can rent the track for a private test on Tuesday the 16 of August. It will take a minimum of 35 cars to break even at around $300.00 each. (I do not have exact quotes on insurance and other necessities yet.)

I need a quick head count of drivers that would be willing to commit to the test day (ON TUESDAY before the race). If I can get enough response, I'll contact the Speedway again and set it up.

I don't have any email addresses except CCPS so please forward this to anyone that might have an interest in this possible Tuesday test day.

Thanks,
Estus White
wankelcity@aol.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..... So, if you guys want to have a Test Day.......... Here's your chance.....

..... And ..... Thank You Estus for trying to put something together.........
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Hotshoe

Hotshoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
..Looking at the entry list, attendance from the Atlanta region is looking a little light. Did Daytona wear you guys out?

..Come on out. Charlotte doesn't have a "Bus Stop"......... It's more like....Flat-Out... B)

..Quote By Steve Eckerich:

..If you have ever been to a CCR race you will see we put customer service first and do not give you any grief about late entry. If you think you might come go ahead and enter as you just bring a check to registration anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users